- Apple Valley, MN 55124, USA
At Dungarvin, you have the ability to make someone's life better! Embrace the opportunity to change someone's life by assisting people with disabilities. Providing personal and companion care at Dungarvin, you will have the ability to enhance the quality of life for individuals with disabilities.
The employment specialist is an essential position for services designed to support individuals receiving employment exploration, development and support services. You will help persons served find and retain community-integrated employment opportunities that line up with their strengths and interests.
Employment specialists work primarily in the community in business settings but also may meet with individuals at their homes.
Candidates should have a desire to create lasting, positive impacts on peoples’ lives and enjoy coaching, mentoring and encouraging others to reach their goals. If you enjoy spending 1:1 time with individuals and giving them the support they need in order to thrive and become more independent, then this is the setting for you.
Candidates must support the full integration of adults with disabilities in the community by helping them secure and retain direct-hire employment.
- A two-year degree, or comparable experience working with developmental disabilities and/or mental illness is required, as determined by the supervisor
- Good time management and problem-solving skills
- Must be able to teach, mentor and motivate
- Strong Interpersonal skills
- Adept in the use of technology
- Knowledge of the employment environment and hiring process is desired
- Reliable transportation
- Acceptable criminal and driving record
- Valid driver’s license and current auto liability insurance
- The candidate must also be willing and able to represent both the person served and Dungarvin to businesses and members of the community.
- 401(k) plan available
- Competitive paid time off accrual
- Paid training
- Group insurance benefits (medical, dental, vision and life)
- Employee referral bonus program
- Paid driving time
- Mileage reimbursement
- Advancement opportunities in a large organization
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.
Equal Opportunity Employer