State Director-- Disabilities
- North Las Vegas, Nevada, United States
Dungarvin is a national organization of privately-owned companies who are dedicated to providing high quality, community-based supports to people with intellectual and developmental disabilities, people who are faced with mental health, behavioral or significant medical challenges, and to children and their families. Our founders, Tim and Diane Madden opened the first Dungarvin program, an ICF/MR serving 15 people, in St. Paul, Minnesota, in March 1976. Tim and Diane were the first live-in support staff for that program. Dungarvin has since grown to employ more than 4,000 people who currently provide supports to over 4,000 individuals across 14 states.
The State Director is responsible for the overall administration and growth of services. In this role, the state director is responsible for setting strategic operations, managing marketing and fiscal direction, expansion of existing services and development of new lines of business, evaluation of programs and services, and for assuring compliance with all applicable rules, standards and laws. The state director serves as the primary representative of Dungarvin and is a liaison between senior administrative staff and funding and oversight authorities. The State Director is responsible for nurturing and developing relationships with potential and existing business partners including local, state, and Federal legislative and department representatives, advocacy groups, trade associations, and other stakeholders as warranted.
- Bachelor's degree in human services field (Psychology, Counseling, Allied Health, Educational Psychology, Sociology, Human Services, etc.)
- Minimum of 7-8 years human services industry experience, specific to Developmentally Disabled populations. Combined with 5 years of progressive senior level management experience.
- Experience managing the following settings: Host homes services, Vocational Day programs, ICF, and children services.
- Must have financial management skills and budget experience in excess of 3 Million dollars as well as be personally accountable for the P&L.
NICE TO HAVE:
- Master’s Degree.
- Previous experience with the state of NV systems and/or with Nevada DD Waiver services strongly preferred.
SKILLS CRUCIAL TO SUCCESS IN THIS ROLE:
- You should have excellent organization and project management skills as well as have a high degree of attention to detail and accuracy as you will be juggling multiple priorities while focusing on staff, service and program quality.
- You need to think critically and make sound judgments- recognize connections, translates goals into action, uses strong judgment to make choices in alignment with strategy and company culture/values.
- You must be a problem solver, strive to deliver great results with continuous improvement; and be comfortable with bringing new ideas and concepts to the table. While showcasing flexibility and adaptability; in an ever changing or fast paced environment.
- Strong knowledge of the State and federal laws and regulations; is pertinent to the success of the market as well as the State Director.
- 40 hours per week.
- Monday- Friday 8:30AM- 5:00PM (FLEX) however should anticipate evening, weekend hours and overnight stays; to meet the needs of subordinates, customers, and external entities, and to achieve organizational outcomes.
- Candidate should anticipate extensive travel in-between Los Vegas and Reno.
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.
Equal Opportunity Employee