- Gallup, NM, USA
Dungarvin is a national organization of privately owned companies that are dedicated to providing high quality, community-based supports to people with intellectual and developmental disabilities, people who are faced with mental health, behavioral or significant medical challenges, and to children and their families. Dungarvin, NM operates in Albuquerque, Grants, Gallup and Farmington.
Our founders (Husband and wife duo) Tim and Diane Madden opened the first Dungarvin program, an ICF/MR serving 15 people, in St. Paul, Minnesota, in March 1976. Tim and Diane were the live-in “houseparents” for that first program. Through the success of that program Dungarvin has grown to employ approximately 4,000 people who currently provide supports to over 4,000 individuals across 14 states.
We are seeking a Part-Time (20 hours per week) skilled trainer to join our team.
This position is responsible for the planning, coordination and implementation of staff orientation, state mandated trainings, organizational in-services and the provision of specialized or individualized training for program staff in homes. Also responsible for the monitoring of all training materials and equipment.
The position provides support / back up to recruitment as necessary.
- The successful candidate will meet the following qualifications:
- Minimum high school diploma/GED certificate/Bachelors degree preferred.
- A minimum of two years of experience/education related to teaching, staff training, development of training programs/curricula and in-service presentation OR at least 1 year experience working in a direct service role with Dungarvin or at least two years direct service experience elsewhere.
- Experience working with individuals with developmental disabilities or similar setting strongly preferred.
- Must demonstrate proficient communication and interpersonal skills and strong group presentation skills, as well as decision-making, time management and organizational skills.
- Must have or become certified in required training programs as required by the state of NM &/or Dungarvin.
- Must be flexible, mature, and responsible.
- Requires strong organizational and planning skills and the ability to multi-task effectively.
- Part Time
- 401(k) plan available
- Paid time off
- Paid training
- Employee referral bonus program
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.
Equal Opportunity Employer