Residential Counselor Denver Part-Time
- Denver, CO, United States
At Dungarvin, you have the ability to make someone's life better! Embrace the opportunity to change someone's life by assisting people with disabilities. Providing personal and companion care at Dungarvin, you will have the ability to enhance the quality of life for individuals with disabilities.
The residential counselor is responsible for working cooperatively with the program director and other staff in developing, implementing, and evaluating the care and programming of persons served. This individual should follow up directly with the program director on any program or personal issues within the home. S/he should follow up with the coordinator in areas related to household, medical, or maintenance needs in the home.
The residential counselor is responsible for providing direct services to the persons served, including: assisting in maintaining a clean, safe living environment, meal preparation, and supervising, training, and assisting the persons served as defined in the service plan.
This is a part-time positon 10-20 hours per week.
Minimum 18 years of age. High school diploma/GED required. Prior education and/or experience in residential and/or support services for individuals with disabilities preferred.
Also must possess all of the following:
- a sincere desire to provide supports to persons with developmental disabilities;
- ability to make sound judgments when given guidance and priorities;
- ability to work as a team member to maintain consistency and quality in services;
- ability to exchange support, constructive criticism, and ideas with other staff members and relevant professionals;
- flexibility in working various days, hours, sites and with various individuals;
- adaptability to change; willingness to accept all work assignments as provided by supervisor.
This position is designated as an Unlimited Driving Position --defined as one that requires an employee to drive a motor vehicle as a part of his/her Dungarvin work, including vehicles owned or leased by Dungarvin, and/or to drive a vehicle in which a person served is transported.
- Flexible schedules
- 401(k) plan available
- Paid time off
- Paid training
- Group insurance benefits
- Employee referral bonus program
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.
Equal Opportunity Employer