Assistant Program Director
- Rohnert Park, CA, USA
Dungarvin is a national organization of privately owned companies that are dedicated to providing high quality, community-based supports to people with intellectual and developmental disabilities, people who are faced with mental health, behavioral or significant medical challenges, and to children and their families.
Dungarvin is hiring an Assistant Program Director to support people with developmental disabilities in our Behavioral Adult Day Program in Rohnert Park. Candidates will have a desire to create a lasting positive impact on people's lives and enjoy coaching, mentoring, and encouraging others to reach their goals.
Full-time (6am - 2pm) requiring schedule flexibility to accommodate various program, individual and staff needs.
Mandatory staff meetings twice a month (every other Monday) 4:30pm - 6:30pm
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Monitoring quality services to the people we serve
- Ensuring customer satisfaction
- Training and supervision of staff
- Development of ISP’s and the coordination of areas relating to the behavior interventions
- Facility management
- Budget compliance
- Effective work with families
- Outside agencies and the community
- Fleet management
- Two years of experience in a human services delivery system including at least one year in a management or supervisory position
- Two years of experience or training in one of the following:
- Care and supervision of individuals served in a licensed adult day program, or an adult day health care facility
- Care and supervision of one or more of the categories of persons to be served by the day program
- At least 21 years old
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent training/experience in working with developmentally disabled adults
- Prior experience in developing and implementing individual programs
- Prior experience implementing behavior support plans
- Prior experience with budget implementation
- Prior supervisory experience
- Must have good decision-making, time management, and communication skills, and be responsible, mature and flexible.
- A strong knowledge of the role of the interdisciplinary team and the individual program plan (IPP) process
- A strong knowledge of the California developmental services delivery system
- Strength in communication, administration, finance, I/DD program management in a fast-paced environment, communication and teamwork.
- Current valid driver’s license and an acceptable driving history
- Fingerprint clearance by the US Department of Justice (DOJ) and Federal Bureau of Investigations (FBI)
- Physician’s clearance, TB test clearance, and drug screening
- Three professional references (non-family)
- Paid time off
- Paid training
- Medical, Dental, Vision
- Employee Assistance Program
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.
Equal Opportunity Employer