Sr. Director--- Disabilities
- Gardena, CA, USA
A LITTLE ABOUT US:
Dungarvin is a national organization of privately owned companies that provide high quality, community-based supports to people with intellectual and developmental disabilities, people who are faced with mental health, behavioral or significant medical challenges, and to children and their families. Because each individual we support is unique, we strive to provide services that are tailored to each person's own hopes, dreams, goals and needs. In partnership with the regional centers, Dungarvin has been providing services in California for more than 20 years. Beginning in Northern California with adult day programs and transportation services, Dungarvin expanded into Southern California approximately 5 years ago with partial community inclusion day programs and residential services.
In March 1976 our founders Tim and Diane Madden decided to start a business that would provide community housing for people with intellectual and developmental disabilities. Through diligent research and planning Tim and Diane officially opened their first 15-person residential program in St. Paul, Minnesota, a mere 4 months later. For the next 3 years Tim and Diane lived as "houseparents" on the ground level of that home; on a mattress on the floor! Through the success of that program, Dungarvin has grown to employ approximately 4,000 people who currently provide supports to over 4,712 individuals across 14 states with their continued leadership.
WHAT YOU’LL DO:
- Oversee Dungarvin operations in Southern California with base revenue of $7-8 million.
- Provide leadership to the Southern California team to ensure we are providing quality services that align with Dungarvin’s values and mission.
- Have responsibility for the financial performance of Southern California services and work with the Regional Director to implement strategies to maximize revenue, attain operational efficiency and drive profitability.
- Develop strategy for maximizing growth, implement business plans and marketing goals to grow census, improve occupancy and utilization in core services and cultivate new business opportunities that align with the Dungarvin mission.
- Oversee quality initiatives, coordinating Dungarvin standards and licensing requirements, and consideration for individual needs.
- Implement public strategy plan; maintain and enhance state level relations with legislative and administrative officials, advocates, and trade associations; join and take a leadership role with state trade associations; and assist lobbyists or outside contractors.
- Bachelor's degree in human services field (Psychology, Counseling, Allied Health, Educational Psychology, Sociology, Human Services, etc.)
- Minimum of 7-8 years experience in the field of intellectual/developmental disabilities.
- Minimum of 5 years of progressive senior level management experience, preferably in a human services or health organization.
- Knowledge of the Lanterman Act and prior experience with California Code of Regulations Title 22 and Title 17.
- Experience partnering with California regional centers and Community Care Licensing.
- Experience with adult residential services and day programs.
- Financial management skills and budget experience in excess of $5 million.
- Knowledgeable and adaptable to new software technologies; as well being intermediate level user with Excel, Word, Outlook and PowerPoint.
- Regional Director
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.
Equal Opportunity Employer