- Portland, OR, USA
At Dungarvin, you have the ability to make someone's life better! Embrace the opportunity to change someone's life by assisting people with disabilities. Providing personal and companion care at Dungarvin, you will have the ability to enhance the quality of life for individuals with disabilities.
Job Coaches provide ongoing support to individuals working at various employment sites within the community. You would be providing the necessary supports at the individual’s place of employment to ensure success. This support is individual-based and centered around work-related goals that focus on helping the individual obtain the maximum level of independence within their job. This role will also be responsible for developing connections within the community through job development. If you love meeting new people, helping individuals reach their goals and if you are passionate about providing supports, you will enjoy this position!
- Outstanding communication and interpersonal skills
- Previous Job Coach, Skills Training, or Direct Care experience preferred
- Must be at least 18 years of age
- Valid and current Driver's License
- Reliable transportation
- Pass a criminal background check and DMV driving record check
- Ability to lift 50-100 lbs regularly
- Basic computer and writing/documentation skills
- Completion of APSE, SCRE, or CESP certification requirement or DHS approved competency based employment training upon employment
- Reliable and consistent job attendance and performance
RESPONSIBILITIES AND DUTIES
- Dungarvin Job Coaches are compensated between $15.30/hr-16.15/hr.
- Consistently model appropriate skills and hold persons served to the same expectations
- Monitor consumer's work performance and provide feedback and prompts when needed
- Report and document challenges, work performance and progress of person served to the supervisor
- Establishing relationships with local businesses in an effort to secure employment
- Ensure safety is being maintained in the work environment at all times
- Help persons served seek and obtain new employment opportunities by analyzing their interests
- Look for and research new and challenging career opportunities in the industry for persons served
- Assist the job seekers in increasing their knowledge in a particular field and help them to focus on the current requirements for their employers
- Provide interview assistance to persons served
- Attend required meetings and in-service training sessions
- Be willing and able to provide support in personal cares of persons served if necessary (assisting with changing, bathroom, hygiene cares, etc.)
- Know and adhere to all company policies and procedures for Dungarvin and the individual’s place of employment
- All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.