Direct Support Professionals / Transport
- Milwaukee, WI, USA
At Dungarvin, you have the ability to make someone's life better! Embrace the opportunity to change someone's life by assisting people with disabilities. Providing personal and companion care at Dungarvin, you will have the ability to enhance the quality of life for individuals with disabilities.
This is a newly created Transport position. The Transportation Support Specialist (TSS) is responsible for the transportation of individuals according to their daily schedules including day program, social activities and appointments. The TSS is expected to maintain safety while providing transportation services in accordance with all motor vehicle laws and organizational polices.
You may also be required to working directly as a home health and companion care provider. You may be asked to assist in a residential, group home or day program setting. DSP caregivers provide support services and assistance to individuals in their homes or in the community. Candidates will have a desire to create lasting positive impacts on people's lives and enjoy coaching, mentoring, and encouraging others to reach their goals.
Our caregivers have a rewarding career facilitating meaningful experiences for people with disabilities. As a caregiver you will assist with daily activities, go on outings, provide personal cares, and so much more. Embrace the opportunity to change someone's life.
Full and/or part time hours. Schedules vary based on program and business needs. May include a mixture of first and second shift hours.
- Must be at least 21 years old
- Must have at least 1 year experience in a similar position
- Must be comfortable driving multi-passenger van with wheelchair lift
- Valid driver's license with acceptable driving record
- Current auto liability insurance
- Reliable transportation
- Acceptable criminal record
- Must always use sound judgment to maintain the health and safety of individuals.
- Must have effective time management skills.
- Must be able to meet the physical requirements of the position as outlined in the Physical Requirements Job Description Addendum.
Starting wage of $12.35.
- Flexible schedules including part-time and full-time opportunities
- 401(k) plan available
- Paid time off
- Paid training
- Group insurance benefits
- Employee referral bonus program
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.
Equal Opportunity Employer