- Portland, OR, USA
At Dungarvin, you have the ability to make someone's life better! Embrace the opportunity to change someone's life by assisting people with disabilities. Providing personal and companion care at Dungarvin, you will have the ability to enhance the quality of life for individuals with disabilities.
The Job Developer is an essential position for services designed to provide employment opportunities for people who experience barriers to employment. You will be helping persons served find and retain community-integrated employment opportunities that line up with their strengths and interests.
The primary responsibilities of the Job Developer are:
- Employer outreach
- Developing and nurturing relationships with employers
- Marketing individuals’ skills and abilities to secure employment.
- Explore employment opportunities in individuals’ desired field helping to uncover hidden job opportunities.
- Successful candidates should be:
- Experienced in the developmental disabilities or mental illness fields
- Good at time-management and able to problem-solve
- Able to demonstrate strong interpersonal communication skills
- Skilled at handling rejection
- Knowledgeable of the employment environment and hiring processes
The candidate must also be willing and able to represent both the person served and Dungarvin to businesses and members of the community.
This is a full time (40 hour) position. Position pays a starting wage of $18 an hour. Other perks include generous benefits, paid time off, extensive paid training and a $500 New Hire Bonus!
- Flexible schedules including part-time and full-time opportunities
- 401(k) plan available
- Paid time off & sick leave
- Paid training
- Group insurance benefits
- Employee referral bonus program
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.
Equal Opportunity Employer