- 4660 La Jolla Village Dr, San Diego, CA 92122, USA
- Employees can work remotely
We’re on a mission to build trust across the internet. Drata is a security and compliance automation platform that continuously monitors and collects evidence of a company's security controls, while streamlining compliance workflows end-to-end to ensure audit readiness. We're here to help companies earn and keep the trust of their users, customers, partners, and prospects. We believe the best way to earn trust is by first proving that you deserve it. Drata is the proof layer between great companies and those that they engage with.
Drata is looking for an energetic, creative communications strategist to join the marketing team. This person will be key to telling Drata’s story across a high-level audience in order to drive brand awareness, educate potential customers, and showcase Drata as the category leader. The ideal candidate will be an excellent writer, possess a curious mindset, and understand how to use and leverage content to grow a business. We pride ourselves on doing more with less, and will look for someone to match (or better yet, exceed) our ability to operate and execute swiftly in the weeds while also zooming out to plan long-term strategy.
If you’re looking to roll up your sleeves, make an immediate impact, and be a key contributor within the organization, this role might be for you.
- 3+ years relevant experience
- Background in developing and distributing content across a variety of mediums and channels
- Top-notch communicator and writer with an ability to translate technical content into omni-channel material
- Familiarity with press release process and media positioning strategies
- Experience working with and guiding external production agencies and consultants
- Must be a self-starter who excels at multitasking and thrives in a fast-paced environment
- Excellent time management skills with the ability to prioritize and shift workload to meet swift deadlines
- Held positions in fast-growing, well-funded startups
- Experience in the cybersecurity industry
- Familiarity with B2B social media management
- Work cross-functionally to develop Drata’s brand messaging platform, unified talking points, and annual content strategy
- Maintain a consistent content marketing and blog calendar and lead execution of deliverables
- Track, analyze, and report out on key media trends, stories, and policy updates across the cybersecurity and compliance industry
- Support company press efforts, including press release creation, reporter pitches, and execution of thought leadership opportunities
- Manage social media activities across channels and work internally and externally to create and schedule high-impact posts
- Support team with copywriting, editing, and other communications projects on an as-needed basis
Drata is a proud equal opportunity/affirmative action employer supporting workforce diversity. We do not discriminate based upon race, ethnicity, ancestry, citizenship status, religion, color, national origin, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), marital status, registered domestic partner status, caregiver status, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, gender expression, transgender status, sexual stereotypes, age, genetic information, military or veteran status, mental or physical disability, political affiliation, status as a victim of domestic violence, assault or stalking, or other applicable legally protected characteristics.
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.