Front-End Software Engineer
- 4660 La Jolla Village Dr, San Diego, CA 92122, USA
Drata is on a mission to help build trust across the internet.
Drata is a security and compliance automation platform that continuously monitors and collects evidence of a company's security controls, while streamlining compliance workflows end-to-end to ensure audit readiness.
We all recognize the importance of earning and keeping the trust of our customers. A clean SOC 2 report proves to our customers that we do the things we say we do when it comes to protecting their data. We all want to provide our customers with that verified proof, but as SaaS veterans ourselves, we've felt firsthand how burdensome achieving and maintaining a strong security and compliance posture can be at a fast-growing company.
Despite its vital importance, the act of engaging in compliance activities is hated by virtually all those who participate! It's a manual, redundant, error-prone, and unscalable process - and it only grows more complex and expensive over time. Our team of SaaS, security, compliance, and audit experts have built a better way - with automation!
The Front-End Software Engineer is passionate about engineering beautiful interfaces and interaction logic for complex applications to help solve problems for our users. They use browser technologies as a tool to do their job. Your work will consist of implementing new features and architecture, migrating existing features from legacy applications to a modern React-based front-end stack, and fixing bugs / maintaining existing functionality.
- Design and create scalable, accessible, and cross-browser compatible experiences leveraging React and Bootstrap
- Test your code to identify performance issues
- Build reusable code and libraries for future use
- Ensure the technical feasibility of UI/UX designs
- Build high-performance, scalable systems – end to end
- Bring to the leadership team technical solutions, feedback on each solution recommended and product ideas with the team through design review, code review and discussions
- Work with the product and design teams to understand end-user requirements, formulate use cases, and then translate that into a pragmatic and effective technical solution
- Develop front-end HTML, CSS and JS in React
- Collaborate with various teams to integrate front-end features with the back-end application
- Participate in feature development and follow through with other team members to ensure high quality and predictable delivery
- Work with QA team to ensure minimal regressions and comprehensive customer-centric testing
- Participate in internal/cross team meetings, scoping, decision making and technical documentation
- 2-5 years of experience as a Front-End Software Engineer
- At least one year of experience in production-grade React development
- Proficient in server-side coding in at least one of the following languages: Node.JS, PHP, Ruby, Python, or Java
- Knowledge in Webpack, Jest, Cypress, or Angular is a plus
- Deep appreciation for simple solutions to complex problems
- Build beautiful and reactive end-user facing systems that catch the eye, draw the user in, and contribute to an overall pleasant user experience.
- Agile development experience
- Understanding of the full-stack of a web application
- Up-to-date, in-depth knowledge of modern HTML, CSS and JS
- Self-directed, independent, and has experience owning complete features/products
- Experience developing real-world web applications
- Outstanding ability to negotiate difficult tradeoffs (e.g., quality vs. speed, collaboration vs. get-it-done)
- Agile development experience
- Previous startup or scaling experience is a plus
- Preferred to have past Fintech experience
- Self-motivated and adaptable to changing technologies and requirements
- Excellent problem-solving and analytical skills
- Bachelor's Degree preferred though not required
- Strong communication ability - we want to know your thoughts and input!
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.