Senior Software Engineer
- 4660 La Jolla Village Dr, San Diego, CA 92122, USA
- Employees can work remotely
Drata is on a mission to help build trust across the internet.
Drata is a security and compliance automation platform that continuously monitors and collects evidence of a company's security controls, while streamlining compliance workflows end-to-end to ensure audit readiness.
We all recognize the importance of earning and keeping the trust of our customers. A clean SOC 2 report proves to our customers that we do the things we say we do when it comes to protecting their data. We all want to provide our customers with that verified proof, but as SaaS veterans ourselves, we've felt firsthand how burdensome achieving and maintaining a strong security and compliance posture can be at a fast-growing company.
Despite its vital importance, the act of engaging in compliance activities is hated by virtually all those who participate! It's a manual, redundant, error-prone, and unscalable process - and it only grows more complex and expensive over time. Our team of SaaS, security, compliance, and audit experts have built a better way - with automation!
The Senior Software Engineer helps lead the platform development by making architecture decisions to ensure we're building clean, maintainable, and beautiful applications. This person is responsible for maintaining, expanding, and scaling our APIs that power our web applications. They develop specifications for moderately complex software programming applications and modify/maintain the existing software. This position participates in design and coding activities with other staff members. The Senior Software Engineer will work closely with management and other leads to design and implement new systems, maintain operations of the production systems and to coordinate work across all the initiatives of the Engineering team. They will operate in a distributed architecture, building the infrastructure to manage Big Data and solve complex algorithmic problems.
- Architects and develops highly scalable web applications
- Builds RESTful APIs
- Builds tools, services, and automation to extend the platform capabilities
- Runs critical operational portions of our ingestion, analytics, and storage infrastructure
- Collaborates with our product managers to define strategic solutions based on our client’s requirements
- Evaluates and improves the performance, durability, and security of applications in production
- Assists with server-side code and database architecture on the back-end in NodeJS
- Work with management to ensure quality in solutions and in software design
- Participate in development lifecycle activities like design, coding, testing and production release
- Write reusable, testable, and efficient code
- Deliver code in an agile team environment
- Research and train on technologies you think may be appropriate for current or future projects
- 7+ years of experience as a software engineer (10+ preferred)
- 3+ years of experience with NodeJS
- 1+ years experience in NestJS
- Knowledge in Jest and Redis
- Proficiency in object-oriented programming
- Good understanding of algorithms, network protocols, and web services
- Experience with one of the major cloud hosting systems (AWS, Heroku, GCP, Azure)
- Nice to have: Terraform, ElasticSearch, & Redshift
- Self-directed, independent, and has experience owning complete features/products
- Experience developing real-world web applications
- Outstanding ability to negotiate difficult tradeoffs (e.g., quality vs. speed, collaboration vs. get-it-done)
- Agile development experience
- Previous startup or scaling experience is a plus
- Self-motivated and adaptable to changing technologies and requirements
- Excellent problem-solving and analytical skills
- Bachelor of Science in Computer Science or related field
- Strong communication ability - we want to know your thoughts and input!
Drata is a proud equal opportunity/affirmative action employer supporting workforce diversity. We do not discriminate based upon race, ethnicity, ancestry, citizenship status, religion, color, national origin, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), marital status, registered domestic partner status, caregiver status, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, gender expression, transgender status, sexual stereotypes, age, genetic information, military or veteran status, mental or physical disability, political affiliation, status as a victim of domestic violence, assault or stalking, or other applicable legally protected characteristics.
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.