Aveda Institute Admissions Representative
- 331 E Grand River Rd, East Lansing, MI 48823, USA
About our company:
Douglas and Sharon Weaver started the Douglas J family of companies in 1967 with five employees and a passion for the Salon/Spa industry. They wanted to build a location that could pride itself on exceeding the guests’ expectations with every Douglas J experience. Since the initial opening, Douglas J has gone through 50 years of growth, expansion and evolution. We now have 9 locations including Aveda Institutes, Aveda Concept Salons and our Aveda Salon & Spa. We offer a complete menu of services in hair design and color, skin care, nail therapy, and massage therapy. Our foundation and values remain the same; we consistently focus on delivering our guests the high-end experience they deserve.
We are proud to maintain a culture where our employees enjoy coming to work. We consistently promote and support a strong sense of unity, respect and passion. There are many opportunities at Douglas J for staff to participate in continuing education classes in order to continually grow their skills. We provide our employees opportunities to volunteer within their communities and give back. A comprehensive benefits package is offered to our employees to help maintain a healthy lifestyle. We strive to stay progressive in our industry by offering our employees a professional workplace where they feel supported and successful.
The Admissions Representative is the face of the institute to prospective students and is responsible for recruiting students and aiding them through the admissions process.
About the position:
We’re seeking a goal-driven individual who enjoys building relationships with prospective students and enjoys career planning! The Admissions Representative responsibilities and duties include:
- Conduct 15-20 engaging and dynamic Career Planning Sessions weekly (including a campus tour and thorough review of program specific information, fees, class dates and admissions process and requirements) for prospective students.
- Determine acceptance for prospective students
- Work closely and cohesively with the campus start team, which includes the Financial Aid Officer (FAO) and is managed by the campus Director. This includes daily ongoing updates to, and communication with, members of the start team to remove any barriers for the student’s successful start to the program.
- Partner with FAO to co-lead weekly start team meetings.
- Collect and process admissions requirements, including payments for kits and registration fees.
- Carry-out regular follow-up with all prospective students via phone, email and system text messaging.
- Execute regular follow-up with prospects in the enrollment funnel to get them in for a campus tour.
- Implement and execute a weekly and monthly nurturing plans for all prospects and enrolled students (to include texting, blogs, emails, phone calls, etc.) to keep students engaged until their class starts.
- Proactively addresses potential challenges in meeting admissions department goals.
- Schedule and conduct enrollment agreement signings.
- Create and maintain accurate records in the Recruitment Database.
- Attend bi-annual admissions collaboration meetings at one of our campuses. Overnight travel may be required.
- Attend monthly admissions team conference calls.
What we’re looking for:
- Sales background strongly preferred
- High school diploma required; bachelor’s degree preferred
- Must have strong verbal and written communication skills
- Proficiency with Salesforce or other CRM software preferred
- Must be extremely detail-oriented and organized
- Must be self-motivated, competitive, driven employee
- An adeptness at creative problem-solving and the ability to think outside the box
- Engaging, friendly, and personable demeanor; able to connect and build relationships with others
- Professional, fashion forward image a must
- Must be able to work evenings and Saturdays
- Strong computer skills with emphasis in Microsoft Office
- Previous experience in an admissions capacity a plus
Why should you apply?
- Ongoing training and support
- Opportunity to support prospective students in pursuing their career aspirations in cosmetology, esthiology, or massage therapy
- Competitive Salary
- Affordable insurance benefits and a 401(k) with company match
- Creative and fun work environment
- Opportunities for advancement
- A company culture focused on serving, educating, and creativity
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.