Accounts Payable Clerk
- 331 E Grand River Rd, East Lansing, MI 48823, USA
About our company:
Douglas and Sharon Weaver started the Douglas J family of companies in 1967 with five employees and a passion for the Salon/Spa industry. They wanted to build a location that could pride itself on exceeding the guests’ expectations with every Douglas J experience. Since the initial opening, Douglas J has gone through 50 years of growth, expansion and evolution. We now have 9 locations including Aveda Institutes, Aveda Concept Salons and our Aveda Salon & Spa. We offer a complete menu of services in hair design and color, skin care, nail therapy, and massage therapy. Our foundation and values remain the same; we consistently focus on delivering our guests the high-end experience they deserve.
We are proud to maintain a culture where our employees enjoy coming to work. We consistently promote and support a strong sense of unity, respect and passion. There are many opportunities at Douglas J for staff to participate in continuing education classes in order to continually grow their skills. We provide our employees opportunities to volunteer within their communities and give back. A comprehensive benefits package is offered to our employees to help maintain a healthy lifestyle. We strive to stay progressive in our industry by offering our employees a professional workplace where they feel supported and successful.
Purpose of Role:
The Accounts Payable Clerk is responsible for the accounts payable cycle for all Douglas J entities, and providing overall clerical support for the finance department.
Essential duties and responsibilities (including, but not limited to):
- Enter all invoices into the accounting system, including certain invoices that are split between multiple entities
- Prepare bills timely and accurately for payment on a weekly basis
- Issue, monitor, and reconcile company debit/credit cards on a weekly basis
- Maintain and review activity of renovations and projects for multiple locations
Clerical tasks for the finance department include:
- Copying and scanning in necessary documents
- Filing financial records and invoices
- Assisting with financial reporting items, as necessary
- Maintaining the invoice filing cabinets
- Answering accounts payable phone calls
- Other accounting and administrative tasks as needed
- High school diploma required. Associate’s degree in accounting, finance, or business preferred
- At least two years experience working in a finance or accounting position preferred
- Ability to organize and manage multiple priorities, and meet all deadlines
- Detail oriented and organized, very self-motivated
- Experience with Microsoft Office required, experience with Sage Intacct software preferred
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Polished, professional image, consistent with the Douglas J Image Principle
- Ability to work within normal business hours approximately 20-30 hours per week
- Must be able to work in person at least twice a week in our East Lansing Office. Remaining work days or hours can be remote.
Why should you apply?
- Ongoing training and support
- Opportunity to support prospective students in pursuing their career aspirations in cosmetology, esthiology, or massage therapy
- Competitive Salary
- Affordable insurance benefits and a 401(k) with company match
- Creative and fun work environment
- Opportunities for advancement
- A company culture focused on serving, educating, and creativity
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.