Aveda Institute Front Desk
- 125 W 4th St, Royal Oak, MI 48067, USA
About our company:
Douglas and Sharon Weaver started the Douglas J family of companies in 1967 with five employees and a passion for the Salon/Spa industry. They wanted to build a location that could pride itself on exceeding the guests’ expectations with every Douglas J experience. Since the initial opening, Douglas J has gone through 50 years of growth, expansion and evolution. We now have 9 locations including Aveda Institutes, Aveda Concept Salons and our Aveda Salon & Spa. We offer a complete menu of services in hair design and color, skin care, nail therapy, and massage therapy. Our foundation and values remain the same; we consistently focus on delivering our guests the high-end experience they deserve.
We are proud to maintain a culture where our employees enjoy coming to work. We consistently promote and support a strong sense of unity, respect and passion. There are many opportunities at Douglas J for staff to participate in continuing education classes in order to continually grow their skills. We provide our employees opportunities to volunteer within their communities and give back. A comprehensive benefits package is offered to our employees to help maintain a healthy lifestyle. We strive to stay progressive in our industry by offering our employees a professional workplace where they feel supported and successful.
Ensuring our guests’ salon and spa experience is above and beyond from beginning to end every time.
Do you have an eye for exceptional service? Do you hold yourself and others to a higher standard? At Douglas J, we train our teams to service our guests’ every need and expertly deliver on the Aveda experience.
About The Position:
We’re looking for a day maker; somebody who appreciates the value of going above and beyond and encourages and motivates their team-mates to do the same. At the Aveda Institute, you’ll have the opportunity to work with students and staff on serving our communities and delivering an extraordinary guest experience. As a Guest Services Key Holder you will:
- Schedule and accommodate reservations for guests
- Check guests in and out services
- Communicate any technician time issues with staff in order to accommodate guest
- Ensure all guest’s needs are met during visit including challenge resolution
- Responsible for payment transactions, including returns, exchanges, and maintaining a balanced cash drawer
- Perform Aveda Rituals of Renewal, including hand/arm massages, chair massages, and make-up touch ups
- Provide up-to-date, extensive retail knowledge
- Maintain necessary continuing education in areas of guest servicing and product knowledge
What we’re looking for:
- Leadership and role model capabilities and ability to hold others accountable
- An individual who is passion filled and enthusiastic about the guest and student experience
- A willingness to serve and the ability to deliver an exceptional experience
- Charismatic, friendly, and personable demeanor; able to connect with others
- Experience working with Aveda products/services/curriculum a plus, but not required
- Professional and fashion forward image
- Ability to thrive in a fast-paced, professional salon environment
- Open/Close the location
- Be Responsible for turning on/off alarm
- In the event of a student call-in, responsible for updating students schedule and reassign guests appointments
- Maintaining and balancing the cash drawer and correcting issues as necessary
- Manage retail area
Why should you apply?
- Oppurtunity to work in the Customer Service Industry with a interest in cosmetology, esthiology, or massage therapy
- Competitive hourly pay
- Affordable insurance benefits and a 401(k) with company match
- Opportunities for advancement
- A company culture focused on service, education, and creativity
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.