- 333 Albert St, East Lansing, MI 48823, USA
About Our Company:
Douglas and Sharon Weaver started the Douglas J family of companies in 1967 with five employees and a passion for the Salon/Spa industry. They wanted to build a location that could pride itself on exceeding the guests’ expectations with every Douglas J experience. Since the initial opening, Douglas J has gone through 50 years of growth, expansion and evolution. We now have 9 locations including Aveda Institutes, Aveda Concept Salons and our Aveda Salon & Spa. We offer a complete menu of services in hair design and color, skin care, nail therapy, and massage therapy. Our foundation and values remain the same; we consistently focus on delivering our guests the high-end experience they deserve.
We are proud to maintain a culture where our employees enjoy coming to work. We consistently promote and support a strong sense of unity, respect and passion. There are many opportunities at Douglas J for staff to participate in continuing education classes in order to continually grow their skills. We provide our employees opportunities to volunteer within their communities and give back. A comprehensive benefits package is offered to our employees to help maintain a healthy lifestyle. We strive to stay progressive in our industry by offering our employees a professional workplace where they feel supported and successful.
**Remotely Working due to COVID-19**
Experienced Barber Instructor – Inspire, Motivate, and Cultivate new talent coming into the salon industry!
Are you an experienced Barber Instructor passionate about sharing your experience and expertise with new talent coming into our industry?
About The Position:
We’re looking for licensed Barber Instructors to inspire and educate our daytime and evening students.
- We will provide training on Aveda Products & Services
- Our student curriculum is taught through Pivot Point’s LAB Education
- Educators have the opportunity to teach in the classroom or oversee our fast-paced clinic floor
As a Barber Instructor you will focus on:
- Teaching assigned classes under the supervision and guidance of the Education Coach & Institute Director
- Helping students fulfill their maximum potential in mastering course content
- Maintaining thorough and up-to-date knowledge in his/her regular teaching field
- Maintaining standards of professional conduct and ethics appropriate to the professional position
- Grade and return student work in a timely manner
- Instruct students on proper sanitation methods and oversee sanitation efforts throughout the day
- Classroom management; ensure student compliance with school rules and regulations
- Must be solutions-based person who can handle classroom management situations
- Complete other assigned duties, as needed
What we’re looking for:
- At least 2 years of experience working behind the chair
- Experience teaching at a Barber school is strongly preferred
- Experience working with Aveda products/services/curriculum a plus, but not required
- Leadership and role model capabilities and ability to hold others accountable
- Ability to thrive in a fast-paced, professional school environment
Why should you apply?
- Full-Time opportunity
- Competitive Hourly Pay
- Complimentary parking pass
- Affordable insurance benefits and a 401(k) with company match
- Exposure to industry icons and complimentary continuing education
- Opportunities for advancement
- A company culture focused on service, education, and creativity
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.