- 4663 Ardmore Ave, Okemos, MI 48864, USA
About Our Company:
Douglas and Sharon Weaver started the Douglas J family of companies in 1967 with five employees and a passion for the Salon/Spa industry. They wanted to build a location that could pride itself on exceeding the guests’ expectations with every Douglas J experience. Since the initial opening, Douglas J has gone through 50 years of growth, expansion and evolution. We now have 9 locations including Aveda Institutes, Aveda Concept Salons and our Aveda Salon & Spa. We offer a complete menu of services in hair design and color, skin care, nail therapy, and massage therapy. Our foundation and values remain the same; we consistently focus on delivering our guests the high-end experience they deserve.
We are proud to maintain a culture where our employees enjoy coming to work. We consistently promote and support a strong sense of unity, respect and passion. There are many opportunities at Douglas J for staff to participate in continuing education classes in order to continually grow their skills. We provide our employees opportunities to volunteer within their communities and give back. A comprehensive benefits package is offered to our employees to help maintain a healthy lifestyle. We strive to stay progressive in our industry by offering our employees a professional workplace where they feel supported and successful.
We’re seeking an experienced barber who has a passion for delivering an exceptional service and experience for our guests. We have a level system for our stylists which provide you the opportunity to continue growing both with your technical skills and compensation. By focusing on your continuing education, guest retention, and delivery of at-home care recommendations, we’re able to support your career path to ensure you’re continuously growing as a professional. As a barber, you will focus on:
- Providing a thorough consultation to assess your guest’s ideal image
- Performing individualized services to achieve the guest’s ideal cut or style
- Maintaining a clean and sterile work environment
- Shape, trim, and cut guests hair, beard, and/or mustache with the guest’s instructions or using current hairstyles and trends
- Staying informed of the latest trends, techniques and styles for hair care and barbering
- Building relationships with guests and making pre-booking recommendations to attain guest retention
What we’re looking for:
- State of Michigan Barber License
- Charismatic, approachable personality
- Personal drive to advance your skills
- Experience working in a professional environment
Why should you apply?
- Opportunity to work in a fast-paced, high traffic salon environment
- Affordable insurance benefits and a 401(k) with company match
- Opportunities for advancement
- A company culture focused on service, education, and creativity
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.