Field Admissions Representative - Part Time
- 2828 N Clark St, Chicago, IL 60657, USA
This position Required to travel, Territory will focus on, but not limited to the downtown Chicago area. Will average approximately 30 hours per week and requires flexibility with scheduling.
About Our Company:
Douglas and Sharon Weaver started the Douglas J family of companies in 1967 with five employees and a passion for the Salon/Spa industry. They wanted to build a location that could pride itself on exceeding the guests’ expectations with every Douglas J experience. Since the initial opening, Douglas J has gone through 50 years of growth, expansion and evolution. We now have 9 locations including Aveda Institutes, Aveda Concept Salons and our Aveda Salon & Spa. We offer a complete menu of services in hair design and color, skin care, nail therapy, and massage therapy. Our foundation and values remain the same; we consistently focus on delivering our guests the high-end experience they deserve.
We are proud to maintain a culture where our employees enjoy coming to work. We consistently promote and support a strong sense of unity, respect and passion. There are many opportunities at Douglas J for staff to participate in continuing education classes in order to continually grow their skills. We provide our employees opportunities to volunteer within their communities and give back. A comprehensive benefits package is offered to our employees to help maintain a healthy lifestyle. We strive to stay progressive in our industry by offering our employees a professional workplace where they feel supported and successful.
Outreach Coordinator – Join us in igniting people’s careers in Cosmetology, and Esthiology!
Are you passionate about education? Are you motivated by establishing meaningful connections in your community? Love beauty, fashion and wellness?
At Douglas J we are seeking a motivated individual who is passionate about community networking, building and maintaining relationships, recruitment, and inspiring the upcoming talent in the salon and spa industry.
About the position:
We’re seeking an outstanding communicator with the care, ambition, and energy to build and maintain relationships with prospective students and network with salons and spas in our communities.
The Outreach Coordinator is:
- Motivated by networking and maintaining strong connections within the community and Effective at working independently
- Goal & customer service oriented, persistent and strategic in discovering opportunities to reach recruitment initiatives and targets
- Passionate about generating leads from prospective students by attending community events and college fairs and Excited about beauty, fashion, and wellness education
- Eager to establish relationships with local salons and spas to provide career opportunities for alumni
- Self-motivated individual who is extremely organized and detail oriented; embraces accountability and the follow-up required to be successful in community outreach
- Passionate and motivated by networking, community involvement, and sales
- Charismatic, friendly, and personable demeanor; able to connect and build relationships with ease
- Professional, fashion forward image
- Flexible availability and can travel throughout Illinois
Why work at Douglas J?
- Opportunity to support prospective students in pursuing their career aspirations in cosmetology, or esthiology
- Competitive Hourly Compensation
- Complimentary Parking Pass
- 401(k) with company match
- Creative and fun work environment and industry
- Opportunities for advancement
- Company culture focused on service, education, and creativity
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.