Northwest USA Field Service Technician (San Jose, CA area)
- Field Service, San Jose, CA, us
Doosan is a renowned multi-national infrastructure, energy, and construction equipment business headquartered in South Korea. With revenues of over $20 billion last year, and over 40,000 people working in over 40 countries.
Doosan has expanded its global footprint on July 21, when Doosan Corporation announced the establishment of Doosan Fuel Cell America, a prestigious fuel cell business based in South Windsor, Connecticut. Doosan Fuel Cell America is delivering innovative and smart energy solutions today for businesses globally. Our innovative fuel cells are created for a wide range of applications and enable our customers to significantly lower their electricity bills, improve the energy efficiency of their facility or business, and reduce their carbon emissions by utilizing new clean tech solutions.
The Northwest USA Field Service Technician reports to the Northeast USA Field Service Manager in the Service organization at Doosan Fuel Cell America. The Service organization is responsible for customer support, spare parts management, service engineering, service contract execution, and field service of Doosan Fuel Cell America’s stationary fuel cell fleet.
The Northwest USA Field Service Technician will provide hands on maintenance and repair services to Doosan FCA’s fleet of stationary power fuel cells. The field technician will participate in commissioning of new fuel cell sites, as well as complete troubleshooting, testing, and repair of existing fuel cell installations. We are looking for newly licensed tradespeople with the ability to expand upon their trade and learn other new skills.
- Perform troubleshooting and repairs on fuel cells installed at customer sites
- Commission new fuel cell installations
- Perform service/trouble shooting on ancillary equipment used with the fuel cell
- Understand mechanical components, electrical components, plumbing, and systems operation
- Utilize test equipment such as voltage and current measurement devices
- Use service manuals, troubleshooting diagrams, and work instructions to complete tasks independently
- Utilize existing electrical schematics to troubleshoot electrical components
- Use fuel cell remote monitoring system to control fuel cell as needed
Maintain service vehicle and equipment
- Ensure all company service vehicles are properly maintained
- Monitor and restock all spare parts for service vehicles
- Ensure all hand tools and testing equipment is in working condition
- Maintain accurate product maintenance histories
- Complete all reports prior to leaving customer site
- 3-6 years’ hands-on experience servicing/troubleshooting products containing a variety of electronic, electrical power, and mechanical components
- Electrical, plumbing, and/or fuel processing system experience necessary
- Extensive experience with computer systems – specifically remote monitoring and control
- Knowledge of building management controls or experience in facilities maintenance
- Understanding of large distribution switch gear 480 volt systems
- Flexibility to provide service to critical customer needs upon demand
- Availability for overtime as needed
- Professional, self-starter with strong desire to learn
- Excellent communication skills
- Electrical/HVAC trade school certification, AA/AS or equivalent degree preferred
- E1/E2 and P1/P2 license preferred, but not necessary
- Must be a resident of the San Jose/San Francisco/West Sacramento, CA area.
- Availability for overtime as needed
- Domestic and international travel will be required (passport is required for travel outside the U.S.)
- All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines