Supply Chain - 2022 Intern
- 900 Igloo Rd, Brookshire, TX 77423, USA
- Location Name - Location Code: DC South Texas -TX80
- Job Category Org: Internships
Domino’s started back in 1960 as a single-store location in Ypsilanti, Michigan. Over the years, we expanded to three stores, and thus came the three dots on our logo. The original plan was to keep adding dots for every store, and at over 17,000 stores worldwide (6,300 in the U.S.) you can probably figure out why that original plan didn’t work.
You might be thinking, “Wow, how does Domino’s get food to 17,000 stores?” Well, that’s where you come in. We have 30 food supply and dough manufacturing centers in the U.S., and seven more across Canada, Hawaii and Alaska. They provide fresh dough, equipment and supplies to franchise and company-owned Domino’s stores in the U.S. and Canada. In 2019 alone, these centers made 720,000 deliveries.
Want to get in on the fun? We’d love to have you.
This internship is designed to provide the student with significant experience in warehousing, transportation, Quality Assurance, and logistics management. The internship provides the intern with an opportunity to apply their educational background to logistical issues confronted daily.
We consider our interns to be our future team members, and we have built our program to reflect this. Our Interns are given project-based work – no making copies all summer. Each intern is given clear objectives to meet, participates in Lunch and Learn sessions with the Leadership Council and has the opportunity to attend multiple team-building activities. Summer ends with our interns giving presentations on what they learned to our Executive Team (including the CEO!) and other key stakeholders in the organization. Our paid internships run from May 2022 – August 2022. To be considered, all candidates should have a GPA of 3.0 or higher.
The schedule will be Monday-Friday 9:00am-6:00pm
- Directly participate in key logistic and warehousing processes
- Experience logistics, supply chain and warehousing soft ware programs
- Obtain work experience while in their educational program
- Expose intern to a wide range of logistics and warehousing issues
- Apply educational background to day-to-day logistical issues
Areas Covered During the Internship:
- Customer Relations
- One week of Pizza Store Experience
- Supply Chain Management
- First in – First Out Inventory Management
- Costing and Pricing
- Order Fulfillment
- Vehicle Routing, Scheduling and Dispatching
- Currently enrolled in a Supply Chain, Logistics’, Engineering, Food Science or Manufacturing Program at respective college
- GPA 3.0 or better
- Undergraduate Senior or MBA student at time of internship
- Acceptable background check, pre-employment physical and substance screen
- One college letter of reference
- Legally allowed to work in the US and at least 18 years of age
- Valid Drivers License
- Returning to at least one additional semester of school at end of internship
- Ability to thrive in a fast-paced environment
- Commitment to make a direct impact on company success
- Leadership and extracurricular activities preferred
Domino's is an equal opportunity employer, committed to creating a unified and inclusive environment. Our recruitment process is barrier-free, and we will accommodate the needs of applicants with disabilities. If you are contacted by Domino's regarding a job opportunity, please advise if you require accommodation. Domino's is committed to an inclusive environment where our exceptional people are respected and celebrated for their time, talents, and energies while striving to make our company the best pizza delivery company in the world.