Market Research Manager
- 30 Frank Lloyd Wright Dr, Ann Arbor, MI
- Location Name - Location Code: Domino's Pizza WRC -WHQ
- Job Category Org: Domino’s Technology
Domino’s, which began in 1960 as a single store location in Ypsilanti, MI, has had a lot to celebrate lately: we’re a reshaped, re-energized brand of honesty, transparency and accountability – not to mention, great food! In the rise to becoming a true technology leader, the brand is now consistently one of the top five companies in online transactions and over 65% of our sales in the U.S. are taken through digital channels. The brand continues to ‘deliver the dream’ to local business owners, 90% of which started as delivery drivers and pizza makers in our stores. That’s just the tip of the iceberg…or as we might say, one “slice” of the pie! If this sounds like a brand you’d like to be a part of, consider joining our team!
- Bachelor’s degree in Market Research, Marketing, Psychology, Sociology, Statistics, Consumer Behavior, Business Analytics or another related field (Master’s degree preferred)
- Minimum of 7 years professional related experience (and/or equivalent incremental academic experience)
ADDITIONAL PREFERRED QUALIFICATIONS
- Previous experience delivering insights that guide new product pipeline efforts including fuzzy front-end research, needs identification, concept/product development, and volume forecasting.
- Experience conducting research on digital marketing efforts and digital consumer experiences.
- Experience creating partnerships with product R&D and marketing professionals.
- Experience with food product sensory research.
- QSR industry work experience.
The Analytics & Insights team has been a key contributor to driving Domino’s industry-leading growth by pairing strategic thought leadership with the latest techniques in the fields of data science, machine learning, artificial intelligence, and primary marketing research. The A&I team leverages their skills to drive outstanding customer and employee experiences to fuel future growth.
In this Research Science Manager role you will be the head of a team of 2 professionals who provide insights that drive Domino’s menu and ops innovation efforts, inform promotional pricing decisions, and support the business overall via foundational understanding of customers’ needs, behaviors, and preferences within the ever-changing macro-QSR environment.
As a successful person in this role, you will demonstrate strong primary marketing research skills (e.g. quantitative survey, experimental design, qualitative research) and be able to weave findings from multiple data forms into actionable and compellingly-told insights. Moreover, you as a successful person in this role, will value collaboration and demonstrate well-honed listening, influencing, and consulting skills.
- Act as the Research Science leader on advertising and loyalty program initiatives
- Grow and develop 2 direct reports
- Develop strong working partnerships with fellow team members within the Analytics and Insights group and across the Domino’s menu innovation, ops innovation, and broader marketing teams
- Identify and convey customer insights-driven business opportunities that can be acted upon
- Socialize consumer insights in a compelling way to ad agency partners and Domino’s colleagues
- Manage key initiatives/marketing research projects end-to-end, including influencing and leveraging cross-functional team members
- Partner with and manage external marketing research vendors to address key business issues
- Convey a strong working knowledge of a wide array of primary marketing research methods and their applications
- Collaborate with the Director of Analytics & Insights to develop tools that yield new insights-generation capabilities to the organization
- Address ad-hoc business questions as needed