Azure SQL Server DBA (Cloud DBA)
- 30 Frank Lloyd Wright Dr, Ann Arbor, MI 48105, USA
- Employees can work remotely
- Location Name - Location Code: Domino's Pizza WRC -WHQ
- Job Category Org: Domino’s Technology
Domino’s Pizza, which began in 1960 as a single store location in Ypsilanti, MI, has had a lot to celebrate lately: we’re a reshaped, reenergized brand of honesty, transparency and accountability – not to mention, great food! In the rise to becoming a true technology leader, the brand is now consistently one of the top five companies in online transactions and 65% of our sales in the U.S. are taken through digital channels. The brand continues to ‘deliver the dream’ to local business owners, 90% of which started as delivery drivers and pizza makers in our stores. That’s just the tip of the iceberg…or as we might say, one “slice” of the pie! If this sounds like a brand you’d like to be a part of, consider joining our team!
Reporting to the Data Platform Manager, and dotted line into the Director of Transformation, the Cloud Database Administrator (aka Data Platform Engineer) is responsible for the technical strategy, design, planning, implementation, performance tuning and recovery procedures for cloud database systems in the enterprise and will serve as a technical expert in the area of modern database technologies and operations.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Develops Database strategy to support the cloud and containerization roadmap for cloud and on-premises environments
- Defines and executes on automation activities related to environment setup, configuration, deployment, and recovery
- Develops a methodology for the ongoing assessment of database performance and the identification of problem areas
- Define and design global solutions for multi region high availability, cloud failover and disaster recovery, including in the future multi-cloud
- Develop and rollout a hybrid cloud/on premise database model that supports hot/hot failover
- Coordinate with the Cloud and Containerization team to analyze the business drivers that determine key architecture requirements and solutions
- Provides leadership during the development and enhancement of production applications including working with applications, technical support and operations during the design, development, and implementation of applications
- Provides guidance and mentoring across the organization in all aspects of the supported areas.
- Maintain awareness of industry developments, technology, and trends
- Reviews design tools, technologies, process, and approaches to make best in practice and innovative recommendations
- Provides technical support for the database environment and provides guidance to the development team on new service implementations
- Leads database performance benchmarks and implements performance enhancements
- Responsible for day-to-day database support and maintenance activities, such as database backups, restores for development env to mission-critical production systems to meet or exceed business and IT needs
- Develop, manage and support of 24x7 proactive monitoring & alerting of databases environments, working with both cloud and development teams to resolve issues and part of on-call support rotation
· Logical and physical database design, and documentation where applicable
- Translation of log files to actionable and measurable tasks
- Planning and execution of database or database asset migrations, combined with modernization, upgrades, transformation and optimization
- Responsible for Database Server installation, configuration, and set-up
- Infrastructure troubleshooting in partnership with the cloud team
- Bachelor's Degree in computer science or other business-related field or equivalent experience
- 8-10 years of experience as a DBA in a mixed Operating System environment
- 3+ years of experience on cloud technologies in AWS, Azure or GCP
- 5+ years of working experience in large enterprise(s)
- MUST HAVE Very strong knowledge and experience in DB performance tuning
- 5+ years of architecture, implementation, and operations experience in any three of these technologies at minimum - MS SQL Server, Azure SQL, CosmosDB, Couchbase
- MUST HAVE Hands-on experience with SQL Server Always-On technology
- NICE TO HAVE Hands On experience with NoSQL
- MUST HAVE experience of Windows OS administration and Active Directory
- Experience with cloud automation technologies such as Terraform and Azure Automation
- MUST HAVE experience with one or more scripting languages and environments such as PowerShell, Python, shell scripting etc.
- Understanding of Gitops methods for automation and deployment
- Knowledge of data modeling concepts
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Experience with successful project management
Qualifications listed below, while not necessarily a requirement for this position in each circumstance, provide additional depth and value to the role.
- Masters’ degree in related field.
- MS SQL Server certifications
- Cloud Certifications (AWS, Azure, GCP)
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.