Prep Cook (06729) - 1106 E 42nd St
- 1106 E 42nd St, Odessa, TX
- Job Category Org: Store Customer Service Rep
Domino’s Prep Cooks are dedicated to food safety and proper handling of the products used to cook a customer’s perfect meal. Prep Cooks must be able to work in a fast-paced environment and be able to adjust as the needs of the business shifts. Prep Cooks ensure that everything the line cooks need, when they need it, is ready to go, organized, dated, and rotated.
To be successful as a Prep Cook, you should be a committed, communicative team player with excellent time management skills. You should be able to prioritize tasks in a busy setting and adhere to all food safety regulations and procedures.
Prep Cook Responsibilities:
- Ensuring all food safety guidelines are followed.
- Receiving trucks deliveries checking in all products and examining them for any damage or missing goods.
- Dating, Rotating, and storing all products received on same day of delivery.
- Pulling data each day for prepping needs for a 48 hour period.
- Prepping all products according to Domino’s Standards.
- Proofing dough for a 24 hour period, dating and re-cooling.
- Maintaining proper temperature of products while prepping.
- Checking Temperatures of all refrigeration units
- Dating all products according to Domino’s dating standards.
- Prepping all cooking PRP’s. Includes Sandwich mats and Papered pans.
- Maintaining Sanitation of prep area and any where food may be exposed to.
- Restocking dipping cups, soda machine(s) and boxes.
- Reporting any safety hazards and maintenance needs.
Prep Cook Requirements:
- Minimal work experience. 1 year restaurant experience a plus
- Strong problem solving and communication skills.
- Texas Certified Food Handlers Certificate required.
- Exceptional time management skills.
- Ability to stand or walk for 8-10 hour shifts and lift at least 30 pounds.
- Shows pride in work
- Willingness to comply with all food safety procedures.
Education and Experience
A high school diploma or equivalent degree is a plus but not required. Candidates for this position do not need prior experience as relevant training is provided on the job in order to learn employer-specific functions such as how to operate the computer system and to learn information about each product. A positive attitude is a must.
A Domino’s Prep Cook preps a large volume of products every shift, which can be taxing. Standing for long periods of time is expected, which may contribute to back strain and foot problems. Because Prep cooks are handling food, frequent hand sanitization is another expectation. The environment is warm, bustling, and potentially noisy. The environment of a Domino’s restaurant is populated by triple stack conveyor belt ovens, multiple warming shelves and carts on wheels which can lead to injury.
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.