Delivery Driver & Warehouse - $500 signing bonus
Locally owned and family-operated since 1977, Dodd’s Furniture & Mattress is Vancouver Island's #1 independent furniture retailer. We're currently seeking 1 Delivery Driver and 2 Warehouse Associates in Victoria. Apply now to join our exceptional team!
Dodd’s Delivers! Your primary warehouse role includes learning all aspects of shipping and receiving, organizing and loading trucks, helping throughout the warehouse and assisting deliveries in a professional manner.
Specializing in exceptional service, we're looking for people who care about providing our customers with an excellent experience.
As part of our team, you'll play a critical role in all shipping & receiving aspects. Duties include moving furniture to & from our showroom floors, preparing orders for pick-up & delivery as well as carefully loading & unloading our vehicles thus ensuring all goods are delivered to their new home safely and securely.
One of the most important elements of Dodd’s customer experience, is the after-sale service provided by our warehouse and delivery crews.
- The successful candidate must be an energetic team player, ready to accomplish all of his\her responsibilities and be motivated to succeed.
- Attention to detail/accuracy is of utmost importance to ensure correct information is inputted into Dodd's inventory system.
- Lifting, loading & unloading of goods is a central part of this position as is regular truck inspection & up-to-date first aid kit maintenance.
- Daily tasks include: route navigation, paperwork, product counts, signatures and excellent time-management.
- Professional, driven, positive, resilient and results-oriented, strong communication skills are a must.
- Work week: Tuesday to Saturday.
- Class 5 Driver's license required (no 'N' or 'L' licenses).
- Experience driving 5 ton truck is preferred. Drivers abstract required.
- Warehouse personnel: Driver's license optional, but would be an asset.
- Competitive Wages/Salary.
- Extended Health and Dental Benefits.
- A positive team environment.
- Advancement Opportunities.
- Bonus paid upon completion of six-month training period.