- 715 Finlayson St, Victoria, BC V8T 2T4, Canada
Dodd’s Furniture & Mattress is Vancouver Island's largest independent furniture retailer. Locally owned and family-operated, Gordy Dodd is best-known for his on-going community initiatives, as well as his memorable TV commercials.
Providing beautiful, functional, affordable pieces for every room in your home, Dodd's Furniture & Mattress is seeking energetic, self-motivated, salespeople to join our team.
Our sales associates are committed to helping local families just like yours find the perfect furniture and accessories - to match their lifestyle & budget. Winning candidates meet with a number of community groups and local residents from all walks-of-life daily. Your primary focus is to exceed their expectations.
- Greeting guests upon arriving in our retail showroom and learning their motivation for their visit; really getting to know them and developing long-term relationships.
- Presenting and discussing various home furnishings product options based upon your discovery of the prospective clients’ lifestyle, needs and goals.
- Marketing new sales and special events.
- Assisting customers in financing, purchasing, delivery and ultimate satisfaction.
- Increasing personal knowledge of products, sales techniques, and promotions through continuous professional training and development.
You do not need sales, customer service, or retail furniture experience to be successful in this role. Our training program will give you all the necessary tools to succeed! We do, however, look at the following:
- Experience in “high customer expectation" work, such as serving in food and beverage, hotels or hospitality can be helpful but is not required.
- Entrepreneurial and team oriented.
- Coachable and self-directed learner who is always willing to learn.
- High energy “people person", relentless in pleasing the customer.
- Sense of humour!
- Professional, driven, positive, resilient, and achievement-focused.
- Detailed, strong follow up and follow through; excellent time-management.
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills; a great listener.
- Basic computer knowledge is required.
- Enjoys and can work some evenings and all weekends as part of a flexible and accommodating full- time 40 hour per week work schedule.
- High school diploma is required.
Guaranteed Salary during training period, above minimum wage. Benefits and employee discount upon completion of probation period.