- 715 Finlayson St, Victoria, BC V8T 2T4, Canada
In 1977 Gordy Dodd opened a small furniture store near downtown Victoria. Today Dodd’s Furniture & Mattress is the largest independent furniture retailer on Vancouver Island showcasing a three-story 35,000 square foot showroom in Victoria and a 25,000 square foot furniture gallery in Nanaimo. A locally owned and family-run business, we are best known for our quirky commercials starring Gordy Dodd as well as our ongoing community initiatives.
Specializing in beautiful, functional, affordable pieces for every room in your home, Dodd's Furniture & Mattress is looking for like-minded people who truly care about the products & services we provide, and the community. We're seeking self-motivated, energized, customer service/sales-focused professionals to join our team. Whether you have a keen eye with an appreciation for interior design or are willing to learn, apply today.
If chosen to join our team, you'll play a critical role in liaising with a number of Community Groups and local residents from all walks-of-life. Your primary focus is to foster long-term relationships so you can assist and guide your clients in meeting and exceeding their expectations. Our sales associates are committed to helping local families just like yours select the perfect furniture and accessories - to match their lifestyle and budget.
- Greeting guests upon arriving in our retail showroom and learning their motivation for their visit; really getting to know them and developing long-term relationships.
- Presenting and discussing various home furnishings product options based upon your discovery of the prospective clients’ lifestyle, needs and goals.
- Marketing new sales and special events.
- Assisting customers in financing, purchasing, delivery and ultimate satisfaction.
- Increasing personal knowledge of products, sales techniques, and promotions through continuous professional training and development.
You do not need sales, customer service, or retail furniture experience to be successful in this role. Our training program will give you all the necessary tools to succeed! We do, however, look at the following:
- Experience in “high customer expectation" work, such as serving in food and beverage, hotels or hospitality can be helpful but is not required.
- Entrepreneurial and team oriented.
- Coachable and self-directed learner who is always willing to learn.
- High energy “people person", relentless in pleasing the customer.
- Sense of humour!
- Professional, driven, positive, resilient, and achievement-focused.
- Detailed, strong follow up and follow through; excellent time-management.
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills; a great listener.
- Basic computer knowledge is required.
- Enjoys and can work some evenings and all weekends as part of a flexible and accommodating full- time 40 hour per week work schedule.
- High school diploma is required.
- Job Location
Competitive salary, benefits and employee discount.