- 715 Finlayson St, Victoria, BC V8T 2T4, Canada
In 1977 Gordy Dodd opened a small furniture store near downtown Victoria. Today Dodd’s Furniture & Mattress is the largest independent furniture retailer on Vancouver Island showcasing a three-story 35,000 square foot showroom in Victoria and a 25,000 square foot furniture gallery in Nanaimo. A locally owned and family-run business, we are best known for our quirky commercials starring Gordy Dodd as well as our ongoing community initiatives.
Dodd’s Furniture & Mattress is seeking a Marketing Coordinator to oversee our Shopify website, advertising efforts and special projects. Your job is to get your projects done on time and under budget while also ensuring that our sales teams at all 3 locations know about all our promotions. As the Marketing Coordinator you will collaborate with our designer, agency and 3rd party partners to make sure that each project gets the resources and attention it needs to be successful. The successful candidate for this role will also be responsible for handling correspondence with clients and communicating with other departments within the company to keep marketing campaigns on track.
- Ideation, creation and implementation of marketing campaigns.
- Keeping the website up to date: products & promotions.
- Communicating to all stores and staff about upcoming promotions and promotional activity.
- Updating and sharing the marketing calendar with key staff.
- Maintaining monthly planning and budgeting documents.
- Maintaining yearly budgeting documents.
- Updating daily sales metrics.
- Responding to customer chat requests and working directly with Sales Consultants to handover leads.
- Provide campaign information and briefs to partners in radio, TV, print media and digital providers to deliver multi-channel marketing campaigns.
- Review and report on channel performance and build overall comprehensive performance reports.
- Oversee and approve all social media posts.
- Regular audits of 3rd party providers to ensure the rates we are being charged are fair.
- Setting and organizing special events.
- Assisting sales team during special events.
- Other projects and duties.
- 2+ years’ marketing, advertising and/or graphic design experience.
- Strong attention to detail.
- Comfortable with programmatic, mobile retargeting and other forms of digital marketing and reporting.
- Comfortable interpreting and creating Google Analytics reports.
- Comfortable interpreting and creating Adwords reports.
- Ability to reconcile 3rd party performance reports with in house reports.
- Must have sense of humour and be flexible.
Competitive salary, benefits and employee discount.