- 825 12 Ave, Campbell River, BC V9W 7C5, Canada
Dodd's Furniture is opening in Campbell River!
In 1977 Gordy Dodd opened a small furniture store near downtown Victoria. Today Dodd’s Furniture & Mattress is the largest independent furniture retailer on Vancouver Island showcasing a three-story 35,000 square foot showroom in Victoria and a 25,000 square foot furniture gallery in Nanaimo. A locally owned and family-run business, we are best known for our quirky commercials starring Gordy Dodd as well as our ongoing community initiatives.
Dodd's Furniture is looking for people who care. Care about the products and services they provide, care about their customers, care about their co-workers and, above all, care about their community. We are seeking self-motivated, energized, customer service and sales focused team players. If you appreciate interior design or can learn, you are passionate, relentless, professional, and a “people-person", you might be exactly the type of person we are looking for.
Dodd's Furniture is very involved with the community. The community supports us which in turn allows us to support them. As a sales associate you play a critical role in liaising with the Greater Campbell River Community and representing everything we stand for every time you get the opportunity to talk to one of our customers. Your primary focus will be fostering long term relationships so you can assist and guide your clients with respect to all their furniture needs now and well into the future. Our professional retail sales associates are devoted to helping individuals and families create something fresh and new in their homes, not just selecting furniture, but helping them design their living space.
- Greeting guests upon arriving in our retail showroom and learning their motivation for their visit; really getting to know them and developing long-term relationships.
- Presenting and discussing various home furnishings product options based upon your discovery of the prospective clients’ lifestyle, needs and goals.
- Marketing new sales and special events.
- Assisting customers in financing, purchasing, delivery and ultimate satisfaction.
- Increasing personal knowledge of products, sales techniques, and promotions through continuous professional training and development.
You do not need sales, customer service, or retail furniture experience to be successful in this role. Our training program will give you all the necessary tools to succeed! We do, however, look at the following:
- Experience in “high customer expectation" work, such as serving in food and beverage, hotels or hospitality can be helpful but is not required.
Entrepreneurial and team oriented.
Coachable and self-directed learner who is always willing to learn.
High energy “people person", relentless in pleasing the customer.
Sense of humour!
Professional, driven, positive, resilient, and achievement-focused.
Detailed, strong follow up and follow through; excellent time-management.
Strong interpersonal and communication skills; a great listener.
Basic computer knowledge is required.
Enjoys and can work some evenings and all weekends as part of a flexible and accommodating full- time 40 hour per week work schedule.
High school diploma is required.
We have a fun, supportive and family-feel culture - come and join us!