- 715 Finlayson St, Victoria, BC V8T 2T4, Canada
In 1977 Gordy Dodd opened a small furniture store near downtown Victoria. Today Dodd’s Furniture & Mattress is the largest independent furniture retailer on Vancouver Island showcasing a three-story 35,000 square foot showroom in Victoria and a 25,000 square foot furniture gallery in Nanaimo. A locally owned and family-run business, we are best known for our quirky commercials starring Gordy Dodd as well as our ongoing community initiatives.
Processes and verifies invoices, coding of expenses and issuance of checks for payment. Prepares and maintains accounts payable register and other related accounting reports. Must be familiar with reconciling statements. Day to day job duties inlcude but are not limited to:
1-Prepares invoices, statements and vouchers for payment;
2-Ensures timely and accurate processing and payment of invoices;
3-Reconciles invoices and check balances;
4-Follows up on billing discrepancies;
5-Creates, changes and modifies standard reports;
6-Codes and processes expenses from invoices;
7-Initiates stop payments and void checks;
8-Enters data into QuickBooks.
9-Coordinates the storage and retrieval of all accounting records.
10-Assists with answering the phones when needed.
• 2 - 3 Years experience using QuickBooks is a must.
• 2 - 3 Years recent experience in accounting.
• Certificate or equivalent training in accounts payable and/or accounting.
• Experience with Outlook, specifically e-mail, is a plus.
• Must have excellent customer service skills as they will be working with suppliers and client's business units. Position also requires a high level of attention to detail.
• Must be comfortable with cross-training and providing back up when others are out or volume requires.
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.