Warehouse Personnel - 2 POSITIONS AVAILABLE
- 650 Garbally Road, Victoria, BC
In 1977 Gordy Dodd opened a small furniture store near downtown Victoria. Today Dodd’s Furniture & Mattress is the largest independent furniture retailer on Vancouver Island showcasing a three-story 35,000 square foot showroom in Victoria and a 25,000 square foot furniture gallery in Nanaimo. A locally owned and family-run business, we are best known for our quirky commercials starring Gordy Dodd as well as our ongoing community initiatives.
We sell a lot of furniture and literally transform peoples homes into their dreams. The warehouse is the back bone of our entire business. Managing the constant flow of furniture takes smarts, teamwork, organization, planning and drive. Our teams have fun and know that without them our entire operation would come to a stand still. We are always looking for people who are career oriented.
- Organize and assist with the unloading of trucks, furniture and loose items.
- Oversee and assist with the sorting of returned merchandise.
- Receiving, picking and sorting product.
- Coordinate with the other staff to meet store orders and delivery schedules.
- Assist in routine housekeeping, including but not limited to sweeping, mopping and emptying trash cans as well as keeping warehouse and dock areas free from debris.
- Assist truck drivers on store delivery routes as needed.
- Assist with store transfers as needed and assigned.
- Assist with the recycling operation in all phases as assigned, including but not limited to, metal and wire, cardboard, Styrofoam, merchandise returns/pickups from the stores, etc.
As a fully qualified employee of Dodd's Furniture & Mattress you will have health benefits, a substantial employee discount, a competitive wage with room to grow, an invitation for you and a guest to our annual Christmas Party and the opportunity to participate in the many community events we organize and support.
- Class 5 driver's license preferred but not required.
- The Ability to understand and follow instructions.
- Must be able to work Saturday (Tuesday through Saturday work week)
- Must be able to lift 50lbs.
- Ability to work with minimal supervision.
- The ability to work effectively in a production training environment.
- Skilled at time management and decision making.
- Good verbal communication skills.
- Good writing skills.
- Ability to work effectively with a diverse group of individuals.
Currently looking for FULL TIME warehouse personnel. TWO POSITIONS AVAILABLE.
Please contact April McLeod at 250 882-9478 or apply in person (Tuesday through Saturday) at 650 Garbally Road, Victoria.