AI Engineer with Speech Recognition experience (100% remote-friendly within Poland)
Welcome to the good side of tech 👋
You might have heard about us, but with a different name: ZnanyLekarz. It all started 10 years ago, when we asked ourselves: is anyone in healthcare thinking about patients? We jumped in and we empowered patients by giving them access to leave and read reviews about their visit. We then provided doctors with the technology to manage bookings easily and save time, so they could devote themselves to what they always wanted: treating patients. And today is the day in which we ask you: wanna join us in the next step of making the healthcare experience more human?
Docplanner at scale
We are leaders in 13 countries so far, and more than 90 million patients trust us every month. 210.000 specialists believe in us and our product, and so do leading venture capital funds such as Point Nine Capital, Goldman Sachs Asset Management and One Peak Partners. And yet, employing over 2.500 people all over the globe, we managed to keep the startup-mindset we started with over 10 years ago.
How does Docplanner Tech fit here?
At Docplanner Tech we are a diverse group of over 400 people working in Engineering, Data, and Product teams. We are responsible for building the product for all locations. Many of us have been here for over 5 years, yet we still welcome each new person with great joy and excitement.
And why should you join us?
Because it feels good to tell your family and your friends how you made the world a little bit better. You go to bed knowing that what you do matters, and that your talents align with your beliefs.
We want to make the healthcare experience more human, and that starts with you being you. We believe that taking the diversity of human experience into account makes a better healthcare experience for all. We’re not just different: we embrace diversity. We will encourage you to come to work your whole self, and that includes not coming to the office at all if you prefer not to, as we're 100% remote friendly.
The AI Engineer will be responsible for owning the full-stack execution of data science projects, from data preparation and model development to presentation, measurement, and deployment (together with our devops team).
You will become part of a 15-member, multidisciplinary team, dedicated to the development of a new AI-based product that can have a real impact on the workflow of 300k doctors.
This role requires a structured, creative, and independent thinker who can tackle the most challenging problems in the fields of speech recognition, audio processing, and LLMs.
What Sets This Role Apart:
- Start-Up Spirit in a Scale-Up Environment: You will experience the agility and innovation of an internal start-up combined with the stability and resources of a scale-up organization.
- Impactful Work: You will be working on one of the top projects within the company, focusing on a real-life use case that has the potential to impact over 300,000 users. This is not just another project; It’s central to the company’s long term strategy, and it’s a chance to make a significant contribution to the AI field.
- Collaborative Team: You will join a diverse and robust team of about 15 professionals, ranging from technical experts to business strategists.
How you will be impacting our mission?
- Lead the end-to-end execution of data science projects, ensuring timely delivery and alignment with business objectives.
- Fine-tune Automatic Speech Recognition algorithms, implement audio enhancement techniques, and machine learning models to achieve breakthrough results.
- Work closely with the product team to understand their AI needs and translate them into actionable solutions.
- Manage large datasets, including acquisition, pre-processing, ensuring data quality and availability for model training. Implementing initiatives to boost the labeling activities will also be part of the job.
- Implement data augmentation techniques specific to audio data to improve model robustness.
Research and Development:
- Explore, evaluate, and optimize the latest AI models, bridging the gap between research and production.
- Stay up-to-date with the latest advances in the field of speech recognition, audio processing, machine learning, and LLMs.
- Share research findings and insights with team members to foster collaboration and knowledge sharing.
- Bachelor's or Master's degree in Computer Science, Data Science, Machine Learning, or a related field.
- Proven experience in developing Speech-to-Text algorithms, audio enhancement algorithms
- Strong programming skills in Python.
- Knowledge of Jupyter Notebook, Sagemaker, hyperparameter optimization, and audio data processing.
- Excellent problem-solving and analytical skills.
What will help you thrive?
- Strong proficiency in Python.
- Expertise in hyperparameter optimization and model tuning.
- Solid background in audio signals and ASR (Automatic Speech Recognition) systems.
- Experience in deploying AI models.
- Experience in improving the model performance (inference time, latency, etc.)
- Capability of learning new concepts and skills rapidly, and love to nerd out and go in-depth.
- Energetic and hard-working attitude — demonstrated perseverance through problems until the job is done — and done impeccably. You are massively into getting results, and always aim for excellence.
- You are a quick learner who’s able to investigate and effectively pick up new concepts on your own
- You exhibit a pragmatic approach, avoiding an overly academic or obsessively perfectionist mindset. You understand that in a competitive world, the importance of speed often matches that of quality in accomplishing tasks effectively.
- Growth mindset: nobody ticks all those boxes above, but willingness to learn is strongly valued here.
- Experience with fine tuning Whisper is a plus.
- Experience with Sagemaker and Hugging Face transformers is a plus
Let’s talk money
- A salary adequate to your experience and skills. The range is broad so that we can accommodate our roles for all levels of experience, but we will show you the career ladder to explain where we see your skills and impact within the company". Your salary will be, now and always, 100% transparent to you;
- Share options plan after 6 months of working with us.
True flexibility and work-life balance
- Remote or hybrid work model with or hub in Warsaw;
- Flexible working hours (fully flexible, as in most cases you only have to be on a couple of meetings weekly);
- 20/26 days of paid time off (depending on your contract);
- Additional paid day off on your birthday or work anniversary (you choose what you want to celebrate).
Health comes first
- Private healthcare plan with Signal Iduna for you and subsidized for your family.
- Multisport card co-financing for you to have access to sports facilities across Poland.
- Access to iFeel, a technological platform for mental wellness offering online psychological support and counseling.
Keep growing with us
- 20% time rule: spend 20% of your working hours on your own growth;
- Free English classes.
We promote and embrace equal opportunities in our hiring process, and also every day at work. When you apply for our roles you receive equal treatment regardless of age, disabilities, gender reassignment, marital or civil partner status, pregnancy or parental status, race, colour, nationality, ethnic or national origin, religion or belief, sex, sexual orientation or any other dimension of human difference. If you require additional support in your recruitment process, we kindly encourage you to let us know. Behind those words you’re reading, there’s a person (hi!) who already helped a candidate by adapting the interviews, and now we’re lucky to have this person with us. So, even if you’ve never asked for it before, may this serve as a sign that, now, you can do so. We can only truly be equal if we adapt to each other.
“We believe all humans, in all their beautiful diversity, should have equal rights, dignity and respect. Period.” Mariusz Gralewski, CEO