Senior Platform Engineer / DevOps Engineer, Data Platform Team (Remote in Poland)
Welcome to the good side of tech 👋
You might have heard about us, but with a different name: ZnanyLekarz. It all started 10 years ago, when we asked ourselves: is anyone in healthcare thinking about patients? We jumped in and we empowered patients by giving them access to leave and read reviews about their visit. We then provided doctors with the technology to manage bookings easily and save time, so they could devote themselves to what they always wanted: treating patients. And today is the day in which we ask you: wanna join us in the next step of making the healthcare experience more human?
Docplanner at scale
We are leaders in 13 countries so far, and more than 90 million patients trust us every month. 210.000 specialists believe in us and our product, and so do leading venture capital funds such as Point Nine Capital, Goldman Sachs Asset Management and One Peak Partners. And yet, employing over 2.500 people all over the globe, we managed to keep the startup-mindset we started with over 10 years ago.
How does Docplanner Tech fit here?
At Docplanner Tech we are a diverse group of over 400 people working in Engineering, Data, and Product teams. We are responsible for building the product for all locations. Many of us have been here for over 5 years, yet we still welcome each new person with great joy and excitement.
And why should you join us?
Because it feels good to tell your family and your friends how you made the world a little bit better. You go to bed knowing that what you do matters, and that your talents align with your beliefs.
We want to make the healthcare experience more human, and that starts with you being you. We believe that taking the diversity of human experience into account makes a better healthcare experience for all . We’re not just different: we embrace diversity. We will encourage you to come to work your whole self, and that includes not coming to the office at all if you prefer not to, as we're 100% remote friendly.
Data Platform Team:
The Data Platform Team aims to provide all teams with a self-service, flexible and scalable platform for their data needs. The platform is easy to access, provides a seamless experience, and allows for the curation, modelling, and reprocessing of data. Data and business/product/tech metrics are owned by those teams and centralised for reuse. This ensures that data is treated as a product and leveraged for maximum business impact.
Team currently consists of 12 people, including data engineers, DWH engineers and a project manager. We believe that bringing 2 new roles of Machine Learning Engineer and Platform Engineer now will lead us to even more autonomy and satisfaction of our internal customers.
What are the challenges in the team?
- Self-Service Data Management: To meet the growing demand for data-driven insights, we empower our internal teams with self-service access to our data platform. This will allow them to analyse data independently, reducing the burden on our team and freeing us up to focus on innovation and business delivery.
- Increasing Team Throughput: We are seeking a platform engineering expertise in building and maintaining our data infrastructure to help us streamline our processes and improve our throughput. This need is instrumental in enhancing our team's autonomy and ownership, allowing us to operate more efficiently and effectively.
- Building a Machine Learning Platform: As the demand for ML and AI solutions grows, we are establishing a comprehensive and user-friendly platform to support our data scientists in developing and deploying machine learning models. ML platform will streamline the entire machine learning lifecycle, from data acquisition and preparation to model training, deployment, and monitoring.
Who will you work closely with?
You will work closely with Product and Analytics Teams to understand their technical requirements and provide them with the necessary tools, services, and infrastructure to support their development efforts. Your insights and expertise will contribute to enhancing the efficiency and effectiveness of their workflows. You will also work side by side with the Platform Core Team to define and apply global infrastructure standards to the Data Platform realm.
How would you be impacting our mission?
- Be part of the Data Platform Team, understanding its dynamics, providing support and sharing platform knowledge. Also collaborate closely with platform and analytics teams.
- Seek ways to remove infrastructure roadblocks and enable the rest of the team focusing on BAU and delivering business value.
- Enable the team to autonomously work with data infrastructure and seek for improvements.
- Support initiatives related to CDC (Change Data Capture) type data ingestion, building ML/AI Platform or infrastructure monitoring, to name a few.
- Implement IaaC best practices for managing the infrastructure, ensuring consistency, scalability, and rapid adaptability to changing project requirements and overcoming complexities.
- Enhance monitoring of infrastructure, its costs, identifying optimization opportunities and proactively looking for cost-efficient measures.
- Development, monitoring, and maintenance of Kubernetes clusters on several continents.
- CI / CD development and maintenance.
- Make sure that all of our services are written in a way that makes them highly available.
What will help you thrive?
- Vast experience with container orchestration platforms like Kubernetes (must-have).
- You know why and how to use Terraform and popular CI/CD tools.
- You know about building scalable and secure production HA environments on AWS.
- You are not afraid of developing tools or scripts in Bash or GO to automate work.
- You can communicate in English (both spoken and written - min. B2 level).
- Growth mindset: nobody ticks all those boxes above, but willingness to learn is strongly valued here.
- Previous experience in managing data infrastructure (dataops).
- Familiarity with various big data & ML stuff (Apache Airflow, Kafka, AWS Sagemaker, Kubeflow, Apache Spark).
- Strong Python skills with good coding practices.
- Database management
Let’s talk money
- A salary adequate to your experience and skills.The range is broad so that we can accommodate our roles for all levels of experience, but we will show you the career ladder to explain where we see your skills and impact within the company". Your salary will be, now and always, 100% transparent to you;
- For B2B contract: between 18,000 and 30,000 pln net monthly
or company cost equivalent on employment contract
- Share options plan after 6 months of working with us.
True flexibility and work-life balance
- Remote or hybrid work model with or hub in Warsaw;
- Flexible working hours (fully flexible, as in most cases you only have to be on a couple of meetings weekly);
- 21/26 days of paid time off (depending on your contract);
- Additional paid day off on your birthday or work anniversary (you choose what you want to celebrate).
Health comes first
- Private healthcare plan with Signal Iduna for you and subsidized for your family.
- Multisport card co-financing for you to have access to sports facilities across Poland.
- Access to iFeel, a technological platform for mental wellness offering online psychological support and counseling.
Keep growing with us
- 20% time rule: spend 20% of your working hours on your own growth;
- Free English classes.
We promote and embrace equal opportunities in our hiring process, and also every day at work. When you apply for our roles you receive equal treatment regardless of age, disabilities, gender reassignment, marital or civil partner status, pregnancy or parental status, race, colour, nationality, ethnic or national origin, religion or belief, sex, sexual orientation or any other dimension of human difference. If you require additional support in your recruitment process, we kindly encourage you to let us know. Behind those words you’re reading, there’s a person (hi!) who already helped a candidate by adapting the interviews, and now we’re lucky to have this person with us. So, even if you’ve never asked for it before, may this serve as a sign that, now, you can do so. We can only truly be equal if we adapt to each other.
“We believe all humans, in all their beautiful diversity, should have equal rights, dignity and respect. Period.” Mariusz Gralewski, CEO