Junior Legal and Privacy Counsel
Who We are
Our mission is to “make the healthcare experience more human”. Docplanner is a SaaS tool for doctors and clinics used to optimise their patient flow, reduce no-shows, and digitise their practices in order to be able to spend more time with the patient. We also operate marketplace websites in 13 countries which serve 62 million patients monthly to easily find the right doctor and book an appointment. Only last month 5 mln medical visits were booked via our websites. That makes us the world's leading marketplace connecting doctors and patients. We have been growing rapidly and are on a path to reach EUR 0.5 bln in ARR in the next 3-5 years!
Docplanner was founded in 2012 in Poland and yet, employing over 2.500 people all over the globe, we managed to keep the startup mindset we started with over 10 years ago.
“Culture eats strategy for breakfast” according to Peter Drucker. We believe in that. We’re looking for exceptional people that can help us change the world while building an amazing company. One of those is the Strategic Partnership Manager-Growth for the German market jameda.
Reporting to the Senior Legal Counsel, Global, you will support the Legal and Privacy function for the German market (jameda GmbH, with main offices are in Munich and Berlin) in a fast-growing, and exciting environment.
Areas of responsibility:
- Support our Legal Counsel on all legal, compliance and corporate governance matters relating to jameda in the DocPlanner Group
- Work with the Data Protection Officer for jameda and the global Docplanner Privacy team in ensuring compliance with data privacy laws and regulations including by: documentation of processing activities and processes; development of a complete data protection management system; support in obtaining relevant certifications (e.g. ISO 27001, recertification of our video consultation product)
- Provide ad-hoc privacy advice on the release of product features or new business lines
- Negotiate and manage commercial legal work (contracts for clients, suppliers, partners, website terms and conditions, etc.)
- Advise on all aspects of GDPR compliance; international data transfer safeguards; innovative uses of personal data; and e-privacy requirements, data subject requests, complaints and investigations at jameda
- Build strong relationships across all levels of the organisation
- Manage and foresee business risks and opportunities by proactively performing regular horizon scanning of the legal and privacy environment
What will help you thrive:
- You are a fully qualified lawyer (German law) with above-average results or you have completed your studies in business law (Wirtschaftsrecht) (LL.B./Diplom) with above-average success and have ideally deepened your theoretical knowledge in a Master’s program (LL.M.)
- You have a passion for privacy (demonstrated by privacy electives in your studies, a privacy internship or an IAPP or similar qualification)
- You are fluent in German (minimum requirement C2-level) and English (minimum requirement C1-level)
- possess 1 year of experience as legal counsel, either in a law firm or in-house (tech company experience a plus)
- You can make quick decisions with good business judgment (balancing both legal/privacy and commercial aspects)
- You can clearly demonstrate your ability to be proactive without continuous supervision
- You have fun working in a super ambitious and hyper-growth environment
- You are hungry for challenges and seek constant learning / embrace frequent change
What we offer
- ESOP - Docplanner Group Equity as an employee and shareholder at the same time
- 30 days vacation and flexible working hours for your optimal Work-Life-Balance
- Enjoy flexible working hours and a hybrid working model - work from home, the office, or even space (just kidding on the last one 😉)
- Stay fit with our E-Gym well pass
- Use the chance to learn a new language with Babbel
- Get opportunities for professional growth and advancement in an ever-evolving tech landscape
- Experience a strong culture of recognition, with comprehensive benefits and rewarding performance bonuses
We promote and embrace equal opportunities in our hiring process, and also every day at work. When you apply for our roles you receive equal treatment regardless of age, disabilities, gender reassignment, marital or civil partner status, pregnancy or parental status, race, colour, nationality, ethnic or national origin, religion or belief, sex, sexual orientation or any other dimension of human difference. If you require additional support in your recruitment process, we kindly encourage you to let us know. Behind those words you’re reading, there’s a person (hi!) who already helped a candidate by adapting the interviews, and now we’re lucky to have this person with us. So, even if you’ve never asked for it before, may this serve as a sign that, now, you can do so. We can only truly be equal if we adapt to each other.
“We believe all humans, in all their beautiful diversity, should have equal rights, dignity and respect. Period.” Mariusz Gralewski, CEO