Senior Security Engineer (Remote for UK Residents only)
- London, UK
- Employees can work remotely
Dear Security Engineer, welcome to our mission.
Who are we?
We are Docplanner Tech, a group of people working in Engineering, BI, & Product teams across the globe, driven by the Docplanner Groups mission to make the healthcare experience more human for our patients, doctors, and clinics; and we do it well. We are a leader in 13 countries (and growing!), creating a SaaS tool for over 130k active doctors, who are directly connected to our marketplace which is trusted by over 80m patients, monthly.
We keep it simple, and focus on what matters most. Patients easily book a visit and experience healthcare as it should be: humane. And doctors grow their office and dedicate time to help their patients, all whilst we cover the administration, so they don’t have to!
Why Docplanner Tech? Because nothing feels better than working on the good side of tech. You go to bed knowing that you make the world a better place, and that your talent is aligned with what you believe in. What’s more? We do this with fierce passion, absorbing inspiration and radiating ideas. Defining goals, and as entrepreneurs, having the autonomy and space to experiment, since we are encouraged to not be afraid to fail.
And why is joining our mission so important?
We’re looking for someone with a huge passion for information security to help grow a fledgling team into an awesome enterprise quality security practice. You will get to have a massive input into how we get there, and to use your skills across the entire spectrum of infosec.
What does the role of a Security Engineer entail?
- Design and implementation of security monitoring infrastructure and response processes.
- Embedding a culture of good security practices throughout Engineering and the wider organisation.
- Bringing your wealth of experience to bear to build a passionate, enterprise quality security practice.
What experience and skills, do you need to do a great job in this position?
- Technical knowledge and experience:
- Strong technical experience and passionate about security engineering, with a focus on solution design and implementation
- Demonstrated experience with the design, deployment and support of security technologies such as SIEM, IDS, EDR, Vulnerability Management, Threat Hunting etc.
- Experience with designing security solutions at scale. Experience with service design, appraising the impact of new solutions and controls on operational teams supporting these services.
- Optional / desired: Experience with Data Loss Prevention platforms, Cloud Security technologies, experience in the automation of security alert/incident response.
- Familiarity with industry security configuration standards, such as NIST, CIS & ISO.
- Must be an intelligent, articulate, consensus building individual who can serve as an effective member of a growing Information Security team and effectively communicate technical concepts.
- Ability to work closely with engineering teams across the organisation over a range of security domains to build, test, deploy and maintain solutions in alignment with organisational objectives.
- Ability to manage multiple concurrent objectives or activities, and effectively make judgments in prioritising and time allocation in a high-pressure environment.
- Highly self-motivated and directed, and able to harness different skills and experience, and enjoy a strong sense of team spirit.
- Ability to work and communicate effectively in a global, multi-office, high growth environment and willing to travel to overseas offices, as required.
- Able to build strong working relationships with remote colleagues across the Information Security, IT Operations and wider organisational.
- Excellent verbal communication and documentation/technical writing skills in English.
What do you get in return?
- A competitive salary adequate to your experience and skills. The range is broad so that we can accommodate our roles for all levels of experience, but we will show you the career ladder to decide, together, what your skills are and what impact you will bring. Your salary will be, now and always, 100% transparent to you
Share options plan after 6 months of working with us
Remote work or hybrid work model, with hubs in Barcelona, Warsaw, and Rome
Flexible working hours (like, for real)
Private health insurance with Safetywing.
25 paid holidays, exchangeable local bank holidays, plus an additional paid holiday on your birthday or work anniversary
Employer pension contribution: 4%
Relocation support to either Spain or Poland (we handle the bureaucracy, so you don’t have to!)
- 20% time rule, enabling you to spend 20% of your working hours on your own development.
If you are applying for one of our positions outside our office locations and wish to work remotely within your permanent residence CET +/- 2, you will be hired via our Global Employer, Remote.com. Remote.com works with local benefits providers to build our packages, but you can expect the same salary range and the majority of benefits we have in Spain, Poland, and Italy, plus a budget for travel and integration.
We are committed to promoting equal opportunities in employment. All job applicants will receive equal treatment regardless of age, disability, gender reassignment, marital or civil partner status, pregnancy or maternity, race, colour, nationality, ethnic or national origin, religion or belief, sex, or sexual orientation. Please let us know if you will require any additional support in your recruitment process.
Important: Docplanner Tech is an international English-first company. Therefore, please be sure to send your CV in English.
Your buddy for this Recruitment Process will be Antonieta Hurtado.