Data Engineer (potential Team Leader)
- Kolejowa 5/7, Warsaw, Poland
- Employees can work remotely
Dear Data Engineer, welcome to our mission;
Who are we?
We are Docplanner Tech, a group of people working in Engineering, BI, & Product teams across the globe, driven by the Docplanner Groups’ mission to make the healthcare experience more human for our patients, doctors, and clinics; and we do it well. We are a leader in 13 countries (and growing!), creating a SaaS tool for over 130k active doctors, who are directly connected to our marketplace which is trusted by over 80m patients, monthly.
We keep it simple and focus on what matters most. Patients easily book a visit and experience healthcare as it should be: humane. And doctors grow their office and dedicate time to help their patients, all whilst we cover the administration, so they don’t have to!
Why Docplanner Tech? Because nothing feels better than working on the good side of tech. You go to bed knowing that you make the world a better place and that your talent is aligned with what you believe in. What’s more? We do this with fierce passion, absorbing inspiration and radiating ideas. Defining goals, and as entrepreneurs, having the autonomy and space to experiment, we are encouraged to not be afraid to fail.
And why is it so important that you are a part of our mission?
Because we believe that you, as Data Engineer will be a part of the Data Platform Team where decision-making support begins. We share the experiences of data engineers, sql developers and a project manager to bring software development standards to the analytics world. We are here because we know for a fact that data is crucial to make the healthcare experience more humane.
The Data Platform Team is more than a central hub for analytical data across the company: we are responsible for ensuring that every team has the data and tools they need. We also serve analytics teams across the whole company, and we collaborate to bring the best insights to life together.
What does the role of a Data Engineer do?
- Work in the Data Platform Team and cooperate closely with engineering, product and data teams.
- Integrate data sources and optimise data processing.
- Develop our infrastructure in close cooperation with Platform & Reliability engineers.
- Work alongside analysts in making data experience more human.
- Opportunity to develop as a future team leader, finally spending time on leadership & engineering in ~50/50 ratio.
Additionally, if you become a Team Leader you will manage a group of 3-5 engineers and be responsible for their growth and happiness. You will support, set expectations, provide regular feedback & keep team members accountable.
What skills and experiences do we want you to have?
- Terms such as ["data " + elem for elem in ["warehouse", "lake", "orchestration", "engineering"]] are the bread and butter of your experience.
- Strong Python & SQL skills with good coding practices.
- Hands-on experience with cloud technologies and data pipelines (ie. Airflow, Luigi, dbt, NiFi).
- Good Docker skills and familiarity with Kubernetes.
- You are an excellent analytical thinker and possess problem-solving skills.
- Very good command of English (both spoken and written).
Which skills are ‘bonus points’?
- Experience growing, coaching, mentoring and providing feedback to team members including having had difficult conversations.
- Familiarity with various big data and DevOps stuff (Kafka (Strimzi), Spark, Helm, Terraform).
- Experience in CI/CD for the data environment.
- Experience in testing for data processing.
- ML models operationalisation (ie. in Docker, Kubernetes).
- A competitive salary adequate to your experience and skills between 10'000 - 24'000 PLN monthly + VAT on B2B contract / or equivalent of the company cost on employment contract. The range is broad so that we can accommodate our roles for all levels of experience, but we will show you the career ladder to decide, together, what your skills are and what impact you will bring. Your salary will be, now and always, 100% transparent to you
- Share options plan after 6 months of working with us
- Remote work or hybrid work model, with hubs in Barcelona, Warsaw, and Rome
- Flexible working hours (like, for real)
- Private healthcare plan (medical and dental), plus employee access to Docplanner Care, our premium patients portal
- Employee access to Hearme.pl platform, technology for mental wellness offering online psychological support and counseling
- Multisport card co-financing
- 21/26 paid holidays (depending on contract), exchangeable local bank holidays, plus an additional paid holiday on your birthday or work anniversary
- Relocation support to either Spain or Poland (we handle the bureaucracy so you don’t have to!)
- Free English classes
- 20% time rule, enabling you to spend 20% of your working hours on your own development
If you are applying for one of our positions outside our office locations and wish to work remotely within your permanent residence CET +/- 2, you will be hired via our Global Employer, Remote.com. Remote.com works with local benefits providers to build our packages; but you can expect the same salary range and the majority of benefits that we have in Spain, Poland, and Italy, plus a budget for travel and integration
We are committed to promoting equal opportunities in employment. All job applicants will receive equal treatment regardless of age, disability, gender reassignment, marital or civil partner status, pregnancy or maternity, race, colour, nationality, ethnic or national origin, religion or belief, sex, or sexual orientation. Please let us know if you will require any additional support in your recruitment process.
Important: Docplanner Tech is an international English-first company. Therefore, please be sure to send your CV in English
Your buddy for this Recruitment Process will be Berenika Konieczny
Want to see how life at Docplanner Tech is and what to expect? Take a look at our pages to get a better idea:
You can also join our community by signing up for our Newsletter.