Senior Network Operation Specialist
- NJ Tpke, Edison, NJ, USA
Diverse Lynx is a Go to Place for all your IT needs . We combine industry leading expertise and our personal dedication for all your needs.
Established in 2002, we are head quartered in Princeton NJ . It is also seamlessly connected with the US office through VOIP & T1 lines. improvement to app replacement.
If you are looking to augment staff for your existing projects, our team can help you get through the finish line. With experiences in industries like banking, insurance, financial services, pharmaceuticals and many more; we hit the ground running.
Role: Senior Network Operation Specialist
Location: Edison , NJ
Emp Type: Permanent Job
We are looking for a Senior Network Specialist to join the IT Security and Network team to take part in our continuing effort to provide excellent service to our customers. We need a well-rounded hands-on consultant with a diverse range of experience/skills that is focused on researching and implementing network and security solutions, and related best practices. This position is extremely dynamic and will require a consummate professional who can grasp the complexities and embrace challenges associated with working in a fast-paced environment.
This position requires strong interpersonal and communication skills, along with the ability to work as part of a team or independently under minimal direction. A key component to this role includes interfacing with teams outside of the IT group to gather requirements, collaborate on developing alternatives effectively promote initiatives throughout multiple levels within the organization.
• Provides analysis and recommendations for the evolution and enhancement of the enterprise network infrastructure and security architecture
• Assess incidents, assign severity to an incident and prioritize the responses to incidents. Provide status updates to end-users and management about problems and requests
• Lead and participate in post mortem analysis to mitigate and/or eliminate future recurrences
• Develop and maintain effective relationships with users in assigned areas as well as service delivery partners and be responsible to develop, document, and implement standard operating procedures, customer service guidelines and best practices
• Maintain IT network operations consistent with industry best practice, laws, regulations, policies, procedures, and standards
• Assist the system administrators by describing any weaknesses, creating the mitigation plan and vetting potential solutions. If there are no immediate solutions, then perform a targeted risk assessment and document compensating controls
• Research and development into emerging technologies and use cases
• Monitor, evaluate, respond, and report on security threats and assist in annual testing of contingency/disaster recovery plans
WAN Technical Skills
• Strong analytical and troubleshooting skills. Ability to understand high-level network design and impacts across the infrastructure relating to underlying hardware and software.
• Knowledge of network security best practices with hands on experience configuring Firewall Rules, IDS/IPS, TACACS, and ACLs (example: Cisco ASA, Checkpoint, and Fortinet).
• Experience with Network Analysis Sniffer tools.
• Install, administer, implement and maintain LAN hardware and software infrastructure
• Monitor bandwidth usage utilizing available tools
• Knowledge of IP routing protocols, including OSPF, EIGRP, RIPv2, and BGP.
• Experience working in corporate network environments with WAN technologies such as Firewalls, Switches, Proxy, VPN SSL, VLAN, SD- WAN and MPLS Networks
• Work with outsourced technology service providers to provision new data and voice circuits
• Interpersonal Skills
• Ability to tailor communication style to a diverse audience
• Ability to communicate effectively, both orally and in writing, with all organizational levels
• Ability to plan and effectively organize workload by setting and/or clarifying priorities and expectations ensuring that deadlines are met
• Ability to collaborate with others and seek assistance from other team members, as needed
• Monitor project progress and provide status to management and project teams
• Assist in vendor selection
• Strong verbal and written communication skills, including strong documentation skills
• Works closely with onsite technical teams and 3rd party providers to recognize and report root cause analysis of incidents reported to the client services
• Analytics Skills
• Ability to identify relevant facts and issues underlying problems
• Ability to identify information required to clarify situations, complete assignments or make decisions
• Ability to critically evaluate data sources for reliability
• Respond quickly to manager requests for ad hoc quality reviews and reports
• Responsible for the resolution and recovery of complex issues and/or requests. Analyzes more moderate to complex issues to identify remediation actions to be taken. Troubleshoot/analyze systems and data for faults, capacity issues, and performance degradation; remediate as required
• Takes actions to resolve issues to the Business, escalating the process as necessary per established escalation policies. Acts as the point of contact and escalation for support groups and internal businesses during recovery of major issues or requests.
• Collects and analyzes data (evidence, test results, performance data, issue reports, policies, financial, etc...) in order to identify and correct underlying issues, or escalate unrecognized symptoms or systemic problems. Determines sufficiency of controls, processes and/or workflow(s)
• The ability to research, scope, and recommend new technology solutions to management
• Verify accuracy and reliability of data provided by the company
• Identify and implement applicable best practices and ensure consistent, standard execution of operational activities,
• Business Continuity Planning (BCP)/Disaster Recovery (DR)
• Maintain network infrastructure documentation including disaster recovery plan and failover protocol
• Coordinate DR solutions with outsourced technology service providers
• Support management to develop/review BCP/ DR plans yearly and as needed
Security Technical Skills
• Manage firewall and router changes
• Install and maintain SSL certificates, domain names and their corresponding renewals
• Install, administer and maintain network-monitoring tools
• Respond to monitoring system alerts
• Work directly with dedicated application hosting support team on technical issues and attend recurring status calls with application hosting support teams
• Manage application hosting firewall changes
• Educate employees on policies, procedures and best practices for both IT and physical security and determine the causes of security violations and suggest procedures to reduce or mitigate future incidents and testing existing systems and protocols to help identify new areas of risk and/or exposure.
• Minimum of 5 years related experience or bachelor’s degree Required
• CISSP or CCNP preferred
• Certifications from ISC2, ISACA, CompTIA, and GIAC preferred
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.