Nurse Supervisor/ Lead RN - Mental Health, Residential
- Stamford, CT, USA
- Pay Class "Position Type": Full-Time
At Discovery Mood & Anxiety Program you will have the opportunity to work closely within a team of professionals consisting of mental health experts, all dedicated to promoting lasting health and healing. Clinical supervision and guidance are provided on total client care and therapeutic milieu management, as well as career growth and personal development oversight. You will develop an individualized growth plan which will help you develop your professional skills and career objectives.
If you are looking for an organization that thrives on growth, celebrates diversity of thought, and rewards passionate execution, you’ve come to the right place. Because we put clients first, it is our honor to support and reward those who serve them.
The Nurse Supervisor will provide supervision over other nurses and have administrative duties; consults with the physician and psychiatrist to ensure appropriate medical interventions are achieved, and carries out all orders received, with appropriate information sharing with the Program Director and Facility Manager. The Nurse Supervisor meets with each client daily, completes a daily assessment, and administers all prescription medication.
- Completing H&P upon admission for each client
- Developing and initiating the Nursing Care Plan
- Facilitating therapeutic groups
- Providing clear and complete client documentation
- Implementing Physician Orders
- Availability for consultation after hours and returns telephone calls/pages within a ten-minute time frame
- Administering medication as prescribed
- Counting narcotics daily, logs appropriately
- Meeting regularly with medical staff to discuss client treatment
- Providing assessments of medical problems as needed
- Performing primary first aid and determining need for physician notification
- Consulting with the physician and psychiatrist to ensure appropriate medical interventions
- Meeting with each client, completing a daily assessment, and administering all prescription medication
- Responsibility for carrying out any orders received from the physician and psychiatrist, and reporting information to the Program Director and Facility
- Understanding the therapeutic process and confidentiality laws, and having strong knowledge of professional ethics
- Demonstrating leadership abilities, with an ability to communicate with persons from all educational and cultural backgrounds
- Demonstrating tact, initiative, resourcefulness, a professional manner, enthusiasm, and a nonjudgmental attitude
- On call with 2 weeks rotations via phone and on site if needed for emergency situations only
- Oversee schedule for med pass staff
- Participating in staff orientation and staff education activities, when applicable
- Participating in team conferences with the multidisciplinary team and the client care committee
- Providing administrative oversight of the facility's nursing services, and where appropriate, directly supervising the facility's nursing staff
- Assisting in developing and maintaining written objectives, policies and procedures related to nursing services, developing an organization plan, and developing a quality
- Maintains Standards of Ethical Conduct.
- Complies with all Policies and Procedures.
- Effectively communicates concerns about client health to the Medical Director and follows up as necessary.
- Facilitates medication education for new clients and for all other clients starting new medications.
- Participate in regular department meetings and staff meetings.
- Maintains up-to-date training in CPR, First Aid, Infection Control,
- Communicates effectively with other staff members and demonstrates the ability to work as a team member
- Demonstrates flexibility and adaptability, responding positively to changing situations in the work setting.
This is a full-time position. For a virtual tour of the facility, please visit our website at discoverymood.com.
- RN required
- Management or supervision experience is preferred
- Mental health nursing experience is a plus
- RN License in the State required
- Experience Dept of Child and Family Services is plus
- Must have knowledge of JCAHO & State regulatory requirements
- Must have considerable knowledge of nursing principles and practice
- Must demonstrate knowledge of Axis I diagnosis and symptoms
- Must demonstrate knowledge of medications and their proper application and use
- Able to take vital signs, provide first aid, and perform basic evaluation procedures and tests
We are proud to be an EEO employer M/F/D/V. We maintain a drug-free workplace and perform pre-employment substance abuse testing. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, race, color, religion, sex, or national origin.
For more information about our company benefits, please visit us at discoverybehavioralhealth.com/careers/