Overnight LVN - Mental Health, Residential
- San Jacinto, CA, USA
- Pay Class "Position Type": Full-Time
At Discovery Mood & Anxiety Program you will have the opportunity to work closely within a team of professionals consisting of mental health experts, all dedicated to promoting lasting health and healing. Clinical supervision and guidance are provided on total client care and therapeutic milieu management, as well as career growth and personal development oversight. You will develop an individualized growth plan which will help you develop your professional skills and career objectives.
If you are looking for an organization that thrives on growth, celebrates diversity of thought, and rewards passionate execution, you’ve come to the right place. Because we put clients first, it is our honor to support and reward those who serve them.
The Overnight LVN/LPN is responsible for assisting and supporting residents through the entire treatment experience from admission through discharge. The Overnight LVN/LPN is responsible for communicating observations and insights to the treatment team (i.e. therapists, dietitian, psychiatrist, pediatrician and facility administrator) to ensure the team is comprehensively addressing each client’s issues. The Overnight LVN/LPN introduces each new client to his/her fellow residents and the treatment staff, and orients each client to the rules, expectations, and routine of the daily treatment schedule.
- Facilitating therapeutic groups
- Providing clear and complete client documentation
- Implementing Physician Orders
- Availability for consultation after hours and returns telephone calls/pages within a ten-minute time frame
- Administering medication as prescribed
- Counting narcotics daily, logs appropriately
- Meeting regularly with medical staff to discuss client treatment
- Providing assessments of medical problems as needed
- Performing primary first aid and determining need for physician notification
- Consulting with the physician and psychiatrist to ensure appropriate medical interventions
- Meeting with each client, completes a daily assessment, and administers all prescription medication
- Responsibility for carrying out any orders received from the physician and psychiatrist, and reports information to the Program Director and Facility
- Understanding the therapeutic process and confidentiality laws, and have strong knowledge of professional ethics
- Demonstrating leadership abilities, with an ability to communicate with persons from all educational and cultural backgrounds
- Demonstrating tact, initiative, resourcefulness, a professional manner, enthusiasm, and a non-judgmental attitude
This is an overnight position that will work Fri/Sat/Sun 7pm-7am. For a virtual tour of the facility, please visit our website at discoverymood.com.
- Overnight LVN/LPN Certification
- Must be licensed in current state
- Must have considerable knowledge of nursing principles and practice
- Must demonstrate knowledge of medications and their proper application and use
- Must be able to take vital signs and provide first aid
We are proud to be an EEO employer M/F/D/V. We maintain a drug-free workplace and perform pre-employment substance abuse testing. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, race, color, religion, sex, or national origin.
For more information about our company benefits, please visit us at discoverybehavioralhealth.com/careers/