Associate Therapist - Mental Health, Residential
- Downey, CA, USA
- Pay Class "Position Type": Full-Time
At Discovery Mood & Anxiety Program you will have the opportunity to work closely within a team of professionals consisting of mental health experts, all dedicated to promoting lasting health and healing. Clinical supervision and guidance are provided on total client care and therapeutic milieu management, as well as career growth and personal development oversight. You will develop an individualized growth plan which will help you develop your professional skills and career objectives.
If you are looking for an organization that thrives on growth, celebrates diversity of thought, and rewards passionate execution, you’ve come to the right place. Because we put clients first, it is our honor to support and reward those who serve them.
The Associate Therapist works in a dynamic multidisciplinary team providing treatment services according to the Center for Discovery Clinical Model. Therapist responsibilities include ensuring patient safety, providing milieu interventions, leading psychoeducational and process-oriented therapy groups, facilitate clinical assessments, conduct therapy sessions, and other case management tasks, as assigned.
Essential Job Functions
- Ensures clinical documentation is completed timely throughout the course of treatment.
- Establish therapeutic rapport with patients and families/loved ones.
- Facilitates admission assessments and the admission process for new patients with professionalism, courtesy, and a welcoming attitude.
- Understands role in providing expeditious access to care for individuals seeking services.
- Participates in weekly treatment team and communicates weekly treatment goals with all team members.
- Completes appropriate number of therapy sessions weekly for patients, including family/support system sessions aligned with the patients’ level of care.
- RTC: two individual sessions and one family/support system session
- PHP: one individual session and one family/support system session
- IOP: one therapeutic session – individual or family/support system, as clinically indicated
- Facilitates process orientated and psychoeducation groups one to two times, daily.
- Required to sit at a meal and/or snack a minimum of once per week.
- Facilitates multi-family groups, family program, and/or family weekend.
- Provides utilization reviews to insurance companies, providing appropriate clinical information to obtain initial authorization and continuing stay authorization, as necessary.
- Is appropriately accessible to family members or loved ones.
- Assesses patients for suicidality and possibility of danger to self or others.
- May provide additional clinical support for other members of the clinical team in their absence.
- Communicates with the Utilization Review Department and Business Department regarding authorization and payment.
- Begins discharge planning on day of admission for all patients.
- Completes discharge session with patient to ensure coping skills, transition plan, and resources are understood and intact.
- Ensures discharge appointments are confirmed with patient and loved ones prior to discharge.
- Communicates with referral sources and outpatient providers for continuity of care upon admission, midpoint, and discharge.
- Facilitates patient transfers to higher level of care, as needed.
- Actively participates in clinical outreach and program tours, as needed.
- Effectively manages crises in sessions and the milieu.
- Provides support to milieu staff in their interactions with patients and their loved ones.
- Works collaboratively with the entire treatment team and milieu staff to ensure the highest level of clinical quality at all times.
- Completes other tasks, as requested or assigned.
- RTC Only: Provides on-call support to facility at least 1x per month and returns all program phone calls within 20 minutes, while on call. Communicates appropriately with On Call Administrator or Regional Director regarding pertinent facility issues, while on call.
This is a full-time position that will work Tues-Sat. For a virtual tour of the facility, please visit our website at centerfordiscovery.com.
- Master’s or Doctorate degree in relevant field, required
- Completion of state requirements to conduct therapeutic interventions, required
- Operates under supervision and is not licensed
- Obtain CPI certification within 90 days of hire
- Obtain CPR, AED, and First Aid certification within 90 days of hire
- Obtain ServSafe certification within 90 day of hire
- Must possess a current driver’s license and be in good standing
We are proud to be an EEO employer M/F/D/V. We maintain a drug-free workplace and perform pre-employment substance abuse testing. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, race, color, religion, sex, or national origin.
For more information about our company benefits, please visit us at discoverybehavioralhealth.com/careers/