Eating Disorder Technician
- Mesa, AZ, USA
- Pay Class "Position Type": Part-Time
At Center for Discovery you will have the opportunity to work closely within a team of professionals consisting of eating disorders experts, all dedicated to promoting lasting health and healing. Clinical supervision and guidance are provided on total client care and therapeutic milieu management, as well as career growth and personal development oversight. You will develop an individualized growth plan which will help you develop your professional skills and career objectives.
If you are looking for an organization that thrives on growth, celebrates diversity of thought, and rewards passionate execution, you’ve come to the right place. Because we put clients first, it is our honor to support and reward those who serve them.
Eating Disorder Technician 1 (ED Tech 1) is responsible for assisting and supporting patients through the entire treatment experience from admission through discharge. ED Tech 1 is responsible for contributing insightful, practical, and meaningful information to the treatment planning process. ED Tech 1 responsibilities primarily include ensuring patient safety, providing milieu interventions, leading psychoeducational groups, and supporting patients.
· Supports patient during admission processes. This may include checking in patient belongings, acclimating patient to the program and milieu.
· Effectively and professionally communicates with families/loved ones, as appropriate.
· Completes relevant tasks within 24 hours of admission and accompanying notes in medical record.
· Assists and supports patients in day to day activities including, but not limited to: waking routines, morning hygiene, meals, nighttime routine, evening hygiene, bathroom observations, and free time.
· Able to effectively and professionally establish rapport with patients.
· Provides milieu management throughout the treatment experience and communicates with all team members.
· Assists in the implementation of the comprehensive treatment plan in the milieu.
· Contributes to the well-being of all patients by serving as a positive role model.
· Engages in brief “check ins” wherein patients are provided with support and guidance in using coping skills.
· Responsible for facilitating psychoeducational groups for the expected length of time identified in the program schedule.
· Supervises and supports patients on community outings.
· Objectively and accurately documents patient progress on a daily basis.
· Assists with discharge process.
· One year of experience in mental health treatment or a Bachelor’s degree
· Obtain CPI certification within 90 days of hire
· Obtain CPR, AED, and First Aid certification within 90 days of hire
· Obtain ServSafe certification within 90 day of hire
· Must possess a current driver’s license and be in good standing
We are proud to be an EEO employer M/F/D/V. We maintain a drug-free workplace and perform pre-employment substance abuse testing. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, race, color, religion, sex, or national origin.
For more information about our company benefits, please visit us at discoverybehavioralhealth.com/careers/