Diet Technician - Mental Health, Residential
- Fresno, CA, USA
- Pay Class "Position Type": Part-Time
At Discovery Mood & Anxiety Program you will have the opportunity to work closely within a team of professionals consisting of mental health experts, all dedicated to promoting lasting health and healing. Clinical supervision and guidance are provided on total client care and therapeutic milieu management, as well as career growth and personal development oversight. You will develop an individualized growth plan which will help you develop your professional skills and career objectives.
If you are looking for an organization that thrives on growth, celebrates diversity of thought, and rewards passionate execution, you’ve come to the right place. Because we put clients first, it is our honor to support and reward those who serve them.
The Diet Technician consults with the Registered Dietitian to ensure implementation of the best standard of nutrition and dietary services. Responsibilities include dietary support, grocery budget allocation, client menu planning, maintaining a clean and well stocked kitchen, cooking and baking as needed, and appropriately discerning between appropriate and inappropriate client eating behaviors. This experience will prepare you to be a Registered Dietitian with hands on experience, learning from dedicated professionals, and working closely with a complex population.
- Purchasing all grocery items for facility, considering variety, special diets, and food safety
- Maintaining a well-stocked kitchen
- Upholding proper sanitation requirements
- Analyzing food service providers to ensure quality products at cost effective prices
- Monitoring client consumption of appropriate exchange pattern
- Cooking and baking with clients as therapeutically recommended by Dietitian
- Participating in restaurant experiences
- Enforcing dietary program and advise clients appropriately on food choices
- Conducting weekly client calorie counts
This is a part-time position that will work Monday-Thursday 4-8pm. For a virtual tour of the facility, please visit our website at discoverymood.com.
- Must have a thorough knowledge of nutrition and dietary interventions in the mental health field
- The Diet Tech must have experience in dietary education
- Ability to communicate with persons from all educational and cultural backgrounds
- Have strong written and verbal communication skills
- Must demonstrate tact, initiative, resourcefulness, a professional manner, enthusiasm, and a non-judgmental attitude
- Be self-motivated and creative
- Ability to demonstrate understanding of the medical consequences of eating disorders, the hazards of re-feeding and how to avoid complications
- Ability to implement an individualized menu plan for each of the different types of eating disorders
- Ability to implement specific dietary exchange patterns through knowledge of portion size and caloric recommendations set by the Registered Dietitian
- Ability to maintain professional boundaries with staff and clients
- Ability to communicate effectively to all staff in implementing the dietary programs
- The Diet Tech must be pursuing a career in the field of Nutrition, through an Accredited Undergraduate Program in Nutrition or Diet Tech Certification Program
- Must have the ability to provide documentation or obtain a state-required food handlers permit, or Serve Safe Certification, upon hire
We are proud to be an EEO employer M/F/D/V. We maintain a drug-free workplace and perform pre-employment substance abuse testing. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, race, color, religion, sex, or national origin.
For more information about our company benefits, please visit us at discoverybehavioralhealth.com/careers/