Chef - Mental Health, Residential
- Beavercreek, OR, USA
- Pay Class "Position Type": Full-Time
At Discovery Mood & Anxiety Program you will have the opportunity to work closely within a team of professionals consisting of mental health experts, all dedicated to promoting lasting health and healing. Clinical supervision and guidance are provided on total client care and therapeutic milieu management, as well as career growth and personal development oversight. You will develop an individualized growth plan which will help you develop your professional skills and career objectives.
The Chef is responsible for quality foods prepared in a timely fashion for lunch and dinner. The Chef is sensitive to the specific dietary needs of the population he/she serves. The Chef maintains the food supply in the kitchen pantry and works with the Director of Dietary Services in establishing contracts with reputable food service suppliers. The Chef helps maintain the grocery budget and does the food ordering.
- Orders the grocery and food service supplies.
- Prepares lunch and dinner.
- Supervises dietary staff during meal time to assure timely meal service.
- Works one on one with clients or in groups for cooking demonstrations.
- Keeps kitchen clean, sanitary and safe through infection control procedures.
- Educates/train new dietary staff relative to kitchen protocols and procedures.
- May be required to travel to other facilities from time to time to attend trainings.
This is a full-time position that will work Sunday - Thursday, 11am-7pm. position at one of our residential programs. For a virtual tour of the facility, please visit our website at discoverymood.com.
- Culinary degree or in process of completion of a Culinary degree
- Must have 12 months experience in food preparation in a healthcare facility for 18 or more clients
- Must possess a thorough knowledge of culinary skills and ability to cook well for a difficult population
- Ability to flex recipes to meet nutritional needs and taste preferences of the population
- Be familiar with food service ordering, budget management, and food presentation
We are proud to be an EEO employer M/F/D/V. We maintain a drug-free workplace and perform pre-employment substance abuse testing. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, race, color, religion, sex, or national origin.
For more information about our company benefits, please visit us at discoverybehavioralhealth.com/careers/