Director of Diversity, Equity & Inclusion
- Los Alamitos, CA, United States
- Pay Class "Position Type": Full-Time
At Discovery Behavioral Health, we know the best way to predict the future of healthcare is to create it. As a member of our growing team, you will have a voice in the creation of life-changing programs and treatment centers nationwide. Working collaboratively with the best and the brightest in our industry, you will be part of an innovative team of professionals committed to generating positive and remarkable outcomes for the clients we serve. If you are looking for an organization that thrives on growth, celebrates diversity of thought, and rewards passionate execution, you’ve come to the right place. Because we put clients first, it is our honor to support and reward those who serve them.
If you are looking for an organization that thrives on growth, celebrates diversity of thought, and rewards passionate execution, you’ve come to the right place. Because we put clients first, it is our honor to support and reward those who serve them.
Provide strategic leadership and execute DBH’s diversity, equity and inclusion (DEI) work. Provide oversight and advocate for the DEI Steering committee (Steering Committee) – ensure strategic impact on the organization. Lead development of and execution on DEI Strategic Plan, including, goals, strategies, tactics, initiatives and programming. Serve as a senior leader, change agent, consultant, thought leader, influencer, role model & subject matter expert on DEI - related issues that impact the company like people processes, policies, educational programs, initiatives, and trainings.
- Collaborate with appropriate leaders, stakeholders, and departments to develop and implement specific DEI objectives and business plans.
- Serve as a leader and champion for employee networks/resource/affinity groups.
- In partnership with HR embed DEI into all aspects of talent and performance management processes.
- Drive engagement initiatives with relevant external organizations, thought leaders, partners & vendors.
- Ensure the DEI agenda is reflected in the workplace & in business activities, including marketing materials, suppliers/vendors & community-facing efforts.
- Prepare required reporting to brief stakeholders and senior leadership.
- Facilitate opportunities for training, collaborate with HR to enhance recruitment, hiring, promotion and retention of diverse candidates, and provide support in recruitment events. Additionally, assist with DEI sourcing techniques, best practices, and attraction strategy.
- Maintain knowledge on current and emerging developments/trends for DEI, assess the impact, and collaborate with senior leadership to incorporate new trends and developments in current and future strategies.
- Build relationships with stakeholders, senior leadership & HR to drive DEI-related messages throughout the organization and increase DEI awareness.
- Develop & implement best practices for DEI action planning. Ensure business accountability for follow-up.
- Develop tracking strategies to monitor and evaluate the impact and return on investment of initiatives; develop reports on program effectiveness and make recommendations for program enhancement and improvement.
- Partner with the Training team to ensure DEI cultural awareness and educational trainings are incorporated.
- Provide coaching, mentoring, direction and leadership support to senior leadership.
- Oversee, manage and champion annual DEI budget.
- BA/BS degree.
- Certified Diversity Professional (CDP), Certified Diversity Executive (CDE) or other related diversity certification.
- Experience managing strategic enterprise-wide initiatives and programs.
- Experience in project and program management.
- Experience developing and managing culture, DEI initiatives that align and support DBH business goals.
- Comfortability with senior and executive leadership; viewed as subject matter expert.
- Strategic mindset, critical thinker, innovative, self-starter.
- Outgoing and professional demeanor.
- Ability to network and represent the company externally and internally.
- Excellent organizational skills and time management skills.
- Advanced degree.
- Proven ability to influence in a highly matrixed, complex environment. Strong strategic aptitude; confirmed ability to define business strategy and gain buy-in from stakeholders at all levels.
- Demonstrated ability to measure the impact of change.
- High attention to detail and proven ability to manage multiple, competing priorities simultaneously.
- Excellent written and verbal communications skills.
We are proud to be an EEO employer M/F/D/V. We maintain a drug-free workplace and perform pre-employment substance abuse testing. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, race, color, religion, sex, or national origin.
For more information about our company benefits, please visit us at discoverybehavioralhealth.com/careers/