On-Call Program Therapist - Mental Health, Outpatient
- Los Alamitos, CA
- Pay Class "Position Type": On-Call PRN
At Discovery Mood & Anxiety Program you will have the opportunity to work closely within a team of professionals consisting of mental health experts, all dedicated to promoting lasting health and healing. Clinical supervision and guidance are provided on total client care and therapeutic milieu management, as well as career growth and personal development oversight. You will develop an individualized growth plan which will help you develop your professional skills and career objectives.
If you are looking for an organization that thrives on growth, celebrates diversity of thought, and rewards passionate execution, you’ve come to the right place. Because we put clients first, it is our honor to support and reward those who serve them.
The Program Therapist assists and supports clients from admission through discharge. The Program Therapist provides clinical assessments and contributes insightful, practical and meaningful information to the development of treatment plans. He/she orients new clients to the treatment program and makes introductions to the staff and other program participants. As a member of the treatment team, the Program Therapist meets weekly in collaborative fashion with the treatment team to discuss cases. Licensed clinicians (Psychologist, LMFT, LCSW, LPC, etc.) and registered associates must possess knowledge of mental health conditions, dual diagnosis, and/or chemical dependency.
- Completing the Biopsychosocial assessment within one day of admission (the parent and/or client components**)
- Meeting with clients within twenty-four hours of admission to establish therapeutic rapport
- Completing the Comprehensive Treatment Plan and Integrated Treatment Summary within three days of admission
- Identifying weekly treatment goals and writing contracts specific to individual client needs
- Writing and facilitating the Discharge Summary
- Individual psychotherapy sessions, 3 times weekly for each client
- Conjoint family psychotherapy sessions at least once per week
- Facilitating professional groups as assigned
- Facilitating Multifamily and Alumni groups
- Interfacing with insurance companies, providing appropriate clinical information to obtain initial certification and continuing stay certification as required
- Meeting with each client in individual sessions as clinically indicated, providing psychotherapeutic interventions to thoroughly educate each client to the CTP and its intent, target dates, and revisions
- Being appropriately accessible to family members
- Conjoint family therapy is scheduled at least once each week to address issues related to the client’s family experience. The therapist ensures that each family member is fully educated to the CTP, its goals and methods and the client’s discharge plan. It is key that the family know how to approach and implement all discharge recommendations.
- Facilitating group therapy, workshops, and educational groups as directed by the program schedule
- Assessing suicidality and the possibility of danger to self or others
- Charting each client’s progress throughout the treatment experience
- Charting after each individual, group, and family session
- Educating each client as needed
- Beginning and ending groups in a timely fashion
- Creating a written plan for continuing care (DC plan) and discharge summary
This is an on-call position. For a virtual tour of the facility, please visit our website at discoverymood.com.
- The Program Therapist must possess a Master’s degree in an appropriate field
- Clinicians must be licensed or registered in the state in which they are applying
- Discovery Mood & Anxiety Program utilizes MFT and SW associates and psychological assistants under the supervision of an appropriate Licensed Independent Practitioner
- Must understand the therapeutic process, understand confidentiality laws, and have strong knowledge of professional ethics
- Must be able to demonstrate leadership abilities, and be able to communicate with persons from all educational and cultural backgrounds
- Must demonstrate tact, initiative, resourcefulness, a professional manner, enthusiasm, and a non-judgmental attitude
We are proud to be an EEO employer M/F/D/V. We maintain a drug-free workplace and perform pre-employment substance abuse testing. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, race, color, religion, sex, or national origin.
For more information about our company benefits, please visit us at discoverybehavioralhealth.com/careers/