Director of Business Development
- Houston, TX, USA
Finding and hiring skilled talent is more significant than ever before. Discover Life Enterprises has the tools to connect companies with the best recruits, as well as connect applicants with the right jobs for all of their qualifications. If this position is not suited for you, don't give up. Schedule a consultation with one of our recruiters so we can help you find the right career!
The Director of Business Development is responsible for establishing, developing and growing customer/prospect accounts in his/her business vertical. The Director of Business Development will design, develop, implement, and perform tasks related to securing and filling job positions for customers. The position requires direct customer contact, ultimately building relationships and promoting core business.
Client has 1 open at each of there 3 locations: Houston, Texas; Boston, MA; New York, NY
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Prospect, educate, qualify, and develop prospect accounts and inbound leads to create sales-ready leads and opportunities.
- Convert prospect accounts to clients and work to further develop those accounts.
- Become a trusted resource and develop superior relationships with clients.
- Exceed revenue targets by establishing and delivering qualified candidates to clients within market segments including, but not limited to IT and Clinical Services.
- Facilitates and maintains consistent activity and result levels for the following: Monthly Key Performance Indicators, candidate submissions, interviews, hires and revenue.
- All sales activities must be logged daily in salesforce.com.
- Prepares and executes strategic business plans for client accounts.
- Adheres to all company policy, procedures and business ethics codes.
- Perform all other duties as assigned.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Must have a solid understanding of consultative and solutions focused selling.
- Must have an aptitude for large account management: managing gatekeepers, influencing multiple decision makers, and understanding the complexities of a transaction.
- Must have ability to generate, identify and establish new accounts in healthcare.
- Possesses a working knowledge and understanding of healthcare staffing: permanent and contract.
- Demonstrates ability to clearly and succinctly communicate both verbally and in writing.
- Demonstrates a working knowledge of current and possible future policies, practices, trends and developments affecting the industry; knows the competition.
- Demonstrates an ability to listen attentively and actively.
- Must be effective in a variety of formal presentation settings: one-on one, small and large groups, with peers and direct reports.
- Ability to work in a high-energy sales team environment; team player.
- Positive and energetic phone skills, excellent listening skills, strong writing skills.
Education and Experience
- Bachelor’s degree in sales, marketing, business administration or equivalent
- Minimum 5 years of experience in sales and business development.
- Experience in healthcare (specifically healthcare staffing) preferred
- Extensive experience in account development and proven ability to close deals
- Proficient computer skills (e.g. MS Office, Outlook, Excel, Salesforce)
Work Environment and Physical Demand
- Must have a valid Driver’s License
- 20-30% overnight travel required
- Must be able to effectively communicate complex topics both verbally and in writing
- Ability to read, write and analyze detailed information
- Regular use of computer requiring manual dexterity
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.