Finance Assistant – Account Handler
- Department: Finance
We're a continually growing, innovative and multi-award-winning wholesaler and distributor of communications, cloud, billing and hardware products and services.
We work in a fast-paced and exciting industry, where we have forged strategic partnerships and relationships with the UK's top telcos, networks, and vendors, including BT, TTB, Vodafone, Virgin Media O2, EE, CityFibre, Sophos, Microsoft and Samsung.
As a Channel-only business, we never sell directly to the end-user. Instead, we serve a market of independent resellers, which we proudly refer to as our partners.
We offer our partners a market-leading and comprehensive product portfolio, intuitive portals and platforms and a passionate team of industry experts.
We make a complex industry as simple as possible for our partners, enabling them with a commercial platform to sell the latest technologies and solutions to the resilient UK SMB market.
We have huge aspirations to challenge our industry and what we do, and we continuously dream big for the future. As a team of over 750 people, we're all immensely proud to work for a rapidly expanding company with an incredible culture that puts our team members and partners at the heart of everything we do.
- Department: Finance
- Salary: £21,500 p.a.
- Location: Ipswich
About the Role:
This role will report into the Commissions Payable Manager – DWS Distribution. The successful candidate will be part of a team responsible for reconciling our Business Partners accounts on a weekly and monthly basis. The team work to strict deadlines as it is imperative, we adhere to the payment terms agreed with our Business Partners.
- Perform weekly and monthly reconciliations for payment to strict deadlines
- Build a rapport with Business Partners and give training on DPP and liaise with other departments to resolve any queries
- Where necessary make sure there are comprehensive notes explaining the current situation of any significant accounts such as bad debt, fraudulent etc. These details will be used by other employees to make informed decisions
- Assist with Running Self-billing on Affinity (CE)
- Ensure all accounts are properly maintained and all contact details are current
- Take PDQ payments
- Produce other management information as required
- Creation/manipulation of Excel Spreadsheets including V/lookups across multiple Spreadsheets
- Any other duties as required by management
- Be vigilant for possible fraudulent activity and if necessary, raise a security incident report using the template accessible via the Corporate Intranet
- Carry out any ‘ad hoc’ assignments as and when required
- To be compliant with health and safety company policy and legislation
- High level of accuracy and numerical ability and attention to detail
- Time Management, with an ability to meet all deadlines
- Critical thinking and decision-making skills
- Effective communication as appropriate to the needs of the audience
- A professional and personable disposition always, promoting a positive corporate image
- Demonstrably high levels of written and verbal communication skills and attention to grammatical and layout detail
- Ability to set priorities for incoming tasks from several different sources to meet deadlines, ability to work under pressure and with conflicting and changing priorities
- The ability to work efficiently and effectively with a high degree of accuracy, in an environment of distraction and changing needs, and often highly demanding business requirements
- The ability to work unsupervised within guidelines
- Resilience and problem-solving ability in difficult situations
- An ability to work with a diverse range of people at all levels
- Fluency and dexterity in standard PC applications, Microsoft Office – Especially Excel
Giacom, DWS and Union Street are part of the same group of companies, bringing together three leading channel solutions in telecoms, cloud software services and cloud billing. Our aspiration is to be the number one supplier in the channel.
Your job role may be focused at one of the brands, but you will interact and impact across the wider group of companies.
What’s in it for you? Why should you come and work for us?
Our benefits consist of; no dress code (you, do you), days off for special life events, work from anywhere concept with occasional travel for training or meetings. Work with and learn from experts in the telecoms industry, a wellbeing and engagement team, 'if you want a career with us then grab it' concept, recognition and team/industry events as well as a whole host of other benefits which can be found on our website www.digitalwholesalesolutions.com on our Careers page.
We are an equal opportunities employer, and we positively encourage applications from all eligible candidates regardless of sex, race, disability, age, sexual orientation, gender reassignment, religion or belief, marital status or pregnancy or maternity.
We aim to ensure that all applicants are provided with the same opportunities during the recruitment process, and, to that end, we strive to comply with the duties placed upon us to make reasonable adjustments as prescribed by the Equality Act 2010. Should you have a disability or long-term health condition and require a particular adjustment to be made to allow you to fully participate in the recruitment process, please ensure you let me know.
Successful applicants will be required to undertake a Disclosure Barring Service (DBS) check, provide two references and proof of right to work in the UK, unrestricted.
Here are some of the benefits that we offer…
- 25 days holidays, plus bank holidays, and the option to purchase more!
- Employees Assistance Programme
- Professional development to help you achieve your personal goals
- Eye care vouchers available and discounted Medicash membership
- Access to discounts and savings at more than 1,200 retailers
- An additional day off on your birthday
For more information on our privacy notice please refer to our Privacy and Cookies Policy by following this link - https://digitalwholesalesolutions.com/privacy-and-cookies-policy/