Accounts Payable Administrator
- Lomeshaye Rd, Nelson BB9, UK
- Employees can work remotely
Digital Wholesale Solutions was established in 2001 and now serves over 2,200 partners in the UK and worldwide. As a 100% Channel-focused business, we help our partners navigate the convergence of IT, telecoms and cloud with a constantly-evolving portfolio offering connectivity, mobile, unified communications and more.
Working as part of the Daisy Group of Companies, we have forged strategic partnerships with the UK’s major carriers and suppliers, allowing our partners to benefit from fantastic pricing on market-leading products. We work with the biggest and the best in the industry, which is why we are able to offer such extensive choice for all of our partners.
We have been operating in the international voice market since inception and have become one of the leading providers of global voice, mobile and contact centre solutions. Our valuable vendor partnerships enable us to provide services to the wholesale market serving major global PTOs as well as the reseller community, with solutions available in 160 countries.
Digital Wholesale Solutions Limited is the #1 independent communications, IT and cloud services provider to the indirect channel with annual revenues of over £300m.
The role of the Accounts Payable Administrator is to ensure the accurate management of the ledgers and invoices are paid at the optimum time for DWS, investigating queries with suppliers and internal colleagues. The Accounts Payable Administrator will follow a systematic process, ensuring all ledgers are up to date to achieve departmental and business objectives.
- Manage Incoming post into the Department.
- Managing the Accounts Payable generic e-mail inboxes.
- Timely processing of supplier invoices / credits into the ERP systems, matching to approved purchase orders / obtaining authorisations for payment referring any queries back to suppliers and internal colleagues.
- Monitor all outstanding invoices against the ledger, investigating and resolving all queries in a timely manner prior to payment of the invoice according to payment terms.
- Prioritise payments in line with supplier agreements.
- Create, prepare and confirm multi-currency payments which include BACS / CHAPS / Transfers and creating supplier payments from DWS bank accounts.
- Daily banking for Accounts Payable tasks, posting payments on a daily basis and allocating direct onto ERP systems.
- Investigate and resolve any debit balances / aged creditor account queries.
- Reconciling Supplier Statements and completion of corrective actions as per departmental procedure.
- Maintain an orderly and productive working environment in line with housekeeping expectations within the department.
- Other ad hoc related tasks as requested by Accounts Payable Team Leader / Management Accountants or members or the Senior Management Team.
- Ensuring scanning, filing and archiving is maintained.
- Develop and maintain excellent working relationships / communicate in a professional and timely manner with suppliers, to enhance working relationships whilst also ensuring Invoice queries are resolved and are paid at the optimum time.
- Liaise / develop goods working relationships with all relevant internal departments enabling queries to be resolved quickly and accurately.
- Adhere to Month End Procedures and departmental KPI’s.
- Ensure appropriate records are maintained for all transactions, to support year-end audit and statutory returns.
- Be vigilant for possible fraudulent activity and if necessary, raise a security incident report using the template accessible via the corporate Intranet.
- Periodically review DWS Security Policies – centrally hosted on the Intranet - to ensure full compliance with current legal, regulatory and company requirements.
- To be compliant with health and safety company policy and legislation.
- Previous experience of working in a fast paced, high volume Accounts Payable Department.
- Working knowledge of Sage 200 and Microsoft Dynamics desirable but not essential.
- Experience of using Microsoft Teams desirable but not essential.
- Proficient in the use of Microsoft Office applications especially in Excel.
- Attention to detail and numeracy is essential.
- Resilient and tenacious with a proactive, positive approach.
- Disciplined and able to work under high pressure to achieve tight deadlines.
- Proven ability to deliver challenging financial targets.
- A working style of being highly organised and focused with an ability to manage multiple tasks, prioritise workload and manage own time effectively.
- Analytical skills in order to investigate and resolve complex queries.
- To be able to work effectively as part of a team and able to function as an individual contributor.
- Excellent Communication skills at all levels, both verbally and written, including influencing skills with the ability to build and maintain effective working relationships with internal functions and external suppliers in a professional and timely manner.
- Demonstrate discretion and confidentiality in all areas of work.
What are the benefits of working at Digital Wholesale Solutions?
Our colleagues work hard to deliver for our customers and that is why we give them the recognition and rewards they deserve for their effort
But working at Digital Wholesale Solutions is much more than just a fair salary. It’s about providing a range of benefits and opportunities to all our staff to make working with us enjoyable.
Here are some of the benefits that we offer…
- 25 days holidays, plus bank holidays, and the option to purchase more!
- Professional development to help you achieve your personal goals
- Eye care vouchers available and discounted Medicash membership
- Access to discounts and savings at more than 1,200 retailers
- An additional day off on your birthday or if you're getting married
- Auto enrolment following probation into a salary pension scheme