Technical Consultant - Connectivity & Networks (Field Base)
- Princess Way, Prudhoe NE42, UK
Digital Wholesale Solutions was established in 2001 and now serves over 2,200 partners in the UK and worldwide. As a 100% Channel-focused business, we help our partners navigate the convergence of IT, telecoms and cloud with a constantly-evolving portfolio offering connectivity, mobile, unified communications and more.
Working as part of the Daisy Group of Companies, we have forged strategic partnerships with the UK’s major carriers and suppliers, allowing our partners to benefit from fantastic pricing on market-leading products. We work with the biggest and the best in the industry, which is why we are able to offer such extensive choice for all of our partners.
The role of the Technical Consultant – Connectivity & Networking, is a key position within Digital Wholesale Solutions (DWS). You will be responsibility for providing “best in class” pre-sales support to the DWS sales specialists and post-product adoption support to our Channel Partners.
You will work alongside the DWS sales teams whilst also providing input to the various DWS product teams using your technical and market experience and expertise. Whilst working with both the DWS sales and product teams, and both potential and existing Partners, you will strive to be perceived as a trusted adviser across all aspects of the UC connectivity product portfolio.
In working with Partners, you will interact directly with all levels of personnel from the business owner/CEO/MD and Technical Director through to junior sales and technical staff. Working alongside our partners, using your product insight and expertise, you will assist them with designing their solutions and presenting them to their end-user clients, ensuring the features, benefits and deployment options of our UC Connectivity products are fully recognised. Consequently, you will play a key part in helping both DWS and our Partners achieve their respective growth aspirations.
- Provide technical guidance and recommendations to DWS sales and product teams.
- Provide technical sales support to DWS Partners.
- Be an advocate of DWS products, including Connectivity, Networking & Security, promoting them internally and within the wider Channel community.
- Establish and develop strong, mutually beneficial relationships, with the senior technical personnel with DWS Partners.
- Provide articles and content into Channel specific publications e.g. Comms Business, Comm Dealer & IT Reseller as appropriate
- Keep up to date on relevant technologies and competitive solutions, products, and services.
- Act as the technical point of contact for the DWS sales team.
- Work alongside Partners assisting them in developing and designing product solutions to meet their end-user client’s requirement
- Assisting Partners, once opportunities have been identified, in winning the potential business.
- Perform advanced technical and sales presentations for DWS sales personnel and Partners both in person and remotely.
- Offer consultation visits and advanced workshops for Partners sales and technical staff.
- Develop and maintain an expert understanding of DWS Connectivity & Network product portfolio and applications.
- Develop and maintain a strong understanding of the technologies that underpin our products.
- Ensure partners are up to date in understanding the values and benefits of the DWS connectivity product set.
- Assist marketing and product teams with the delivery of Connectivity product updates, roadmap, and new solutions.
- Be vigilant for possible fraudulent activity and if necessary, be able to raise a security incident report using the template accessible via the corporate Intranet.
- Periodically review the DWS intranet to ensure full compliance with current legal, regulatory and company requirements.
- To be compliant with health and safety company policy and legislation.
- Carry out any ‘ad hoc’ assignments as and when required.
- A high level of technical expertise and experience in Connectivity and Networking.
- Detailed knowledge of the latest data Connectivity technologies such as FTTC, FTTP, G.Fast, Ethernet & SOGEA
- Detailed knowledge of the latest data Networking technologies such as LAN, WAN, Firewalls, SD WAN, MPLS etc.
- A strong understanding of the underlying technologies.
- Experience of working through resellers would be an advantage.
- Passionate about the benefits Connectivity & Networking products can deliver to businesses of all sizes and sectors.
- Experience in creating training programmes and presentations delivering them to individuals and group both remotely and in person.
- Highly capable of talking confidently about Connectivity & Networking technologies to other technology experts.
- Can simplify technical complex solutions depending on the audience.
- Experience of working with clients to capture functional requirements to translate into solution designs.
- Proficient in the use of Word, Excel & PowerPoint
- Able to work alone and as part of a team.
- Flexible approach to work and capable of working effectively under pressure.
- Motivated with a positive “can do” attitude.
- An ability to demonstrate excellent written, oral, and interpersonal skills; be an effective communicator across all levels of the organisation.
- Must be able to work on own initiative and as part of a team with limited guidance.
What are the benefits of working at Digital Wholesale Solutions?
Our colleagues work hard to deliver for our customers and that is why we give them the recognition and rewards they deserve for their effort.
But working at Digital Wholesale Solutions is much more than just a fair salary. It’s about providing a range of benefits and opportunities to all our staff to make working with us enjoyable.
Here are some of the benefits that we offer:
- Professional development to help you achieve your personal goals
- Eye care vouchers available and discounted Medicash membership
- Access to discounts and savings at more than 1,200 retailers
- An additional day off on your birthday or if you're getting married
- Auto enrollment following probation into a salary pension scheme