Maintenance Mechanic / Machinist
- Riverside, CA
With a full suite of multi-platform editorial and advertising products, Southern California News Group (SCNG) is one of the most powerful and influential media companies in Southern California. Our family of eleven (11) daily newspapers, associated websites, social media channels, multiple weekly newspapers and magazines and creative marketing services forms a powerful communications tool that can drive your company’s message home in America’s 2nd largest market. We are an extensive, integrated network of local brands that attract local audiences in markets that matter.
SCNG is owned by Digital First Media (DFM), headquartered in Denver, CO. DFM reaches 57 million Americans each month through more than 800 multi-platform products across 18 states.
SCNG is currently seeking experienced Maintenance Machinists to provide maintenance support in the production departments of our Riverside facility. In this role you will work within a team based, self-managing environment to provide well maintained equipment in order to ensure quality product, on time and within budget.
- Monitor and trouble shooting newspaper production equipment during operation
- Perform basic repairs and maintenance offline as well as emergency repairs under deadline pressure.
- Work with chemicals to clean and prepare machinery for repairs and machining.
- Clean up tasks on press, warehouse, auxiliary equipment as necessary, including daily, weekly and monthly preventative maintenance tasks
- Electronic or mechanical devices including tools, hardware, software and other equipment used are: unit control panels, advanced press control systems, calibration equipment, prevision measuring equipment, basic hand and machine shop tools, PC and database program entry and forklift / clamp truck.
Must have 5 years of experience as a Maintenance Machinist on production equipment. Knowledge of printing and post press equipment helpful. Should be comfortable working with PC's and computer driven equipment, and post secondary schooling preferred.
Strong communication and problem solving skills required. Must be able to lift 50 lbs. repeatedly to handle materials and parts necessary to make repairs, and work within deadlines. Regular and reliable attendance is necessary.
Nights, weekends and holidays may be required. Pre-employment drug test and background check required.
Southern California News Group is an equal opportunity employer who support a diverse workforce. We offer competitive wages and benefits packages that include medical, dental, vision, 401(K) plan and more.
Learn more about us by visiting us at