Press Operator - Goss Colorliner Double Wide
- Concord, CA
Bay Area News Group is the largest media outlet in the bay area. We have unique access to the Bay Area's highly-engaged, affluent audience in print, mobile, desktop across our many premium owned and operated websites as well as social channels which all leverage our rich 1st party data. Our award winning journalism team produces world class content across our dozens of platforms attracting a wide audience. We continue to provide effective advertising with fully integrated multimedia solutions for our advertisers. We provide online, print, and mobile advertising solutions to businesses on a local, regional, and national level. Bay Area News Group offers the most powerful media buy in America’s 6th largest market.
Bay Area News Group, a Media News Group/Digital First Media company, is currently seeking a skilled Press Operator for our production facility in Concord.
The Press Operator handles the actual operation of the press. This includes all duties associated with the press, including preparing for operation, plating, cleaning and routine maintenance, among others.
(depending on level of experience):
- Make successful pasters and perform reel room repairs and all necessary reel room work and maintenance tasks on CT 50s.
- Read the press mark up, spot and hang plates, set black and color ink and make necessary register moves.
- Pull webs, set up and run the folder, change folder from straight to collect, perform necessary register moves.
- Perform daily maintenance and mechanical repairs.
Required Skills and Abilities
- Dependent on level a fully trained operator would have minimum of 4 years of experience on Goss Colorliner, or similar double wide press equipment.
- Understands and has the ability to handle all aspects of the press operation from the daily operation to mechanical needs.
- Understands and embraces all department policies and procedures.
- Forklift authorization required.
- Regular and reliable attendance.
- Must be able to lift at least 50 lbs.
Full time position with competitive compensation packet. To start, hours will be variable including shift work, working weekends and holidays.
Pre-employment drug test and background check required.
Our mission is to connect communities by telling accurate and compelling stories that inform and make an impact. We're a watch-dog that looks out for those whose voices might otherwise be left unheard. We're built on tradition while we stand for change, and we embrace the passion that embodies the Bay Area's diverse and innovative culture.
Bay Area News Group is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants for all job openings are welcome and will be considered without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, sex, age, sexual orientation, physical or mental disability, or any other basis protected by state, federal or local law. It is the intent of the Company to comply with all applicable federal, state and local legislation concerning equal opportunity in employment.n will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.