Automotive Account Executive
- Torrance, CA
AdTaxi is the online division of our organization; a client-centric digital organization that brings scale, precision, and sophistication to digital marketing. Leveraging the belief that people matter as much as technology, AdTaxi helps advertisers solve complex marketing challenges with custom, performance-driven solutions.
With a full suite of multi-platform editorial and advertising products, Southern California News Group (SCNG) is one of the most powerful and influential media companies in Southern California. Our family of eleven (11) daily newspapers, associated websites, social media channels, multiple weekly newspapers and magazines and creative marketing services forms a powerful communications tool that can drive your company’s message home in America’s 2nd largest market. We are an extensive, integrated network of local brands that attract local audiences in markets that matter.
As an Automotive Advertising Account Executive expected to sell and develop advanced digital marketing campaigns for target automotive accounts. You will be tasked to identify the right advertising opportunities around AdTaxi’s Programmatic product suite in addition to our offerings in Search, Email and Social. You will be responsible for understanding the potential within your defined territory or target category and will be required to strategically build out a prospect pipeline through independent prospecting methods. Although you strive to meet and exceed quota, you will always act in the best interest of the client. Performance will be based on a number of factors among which are: achieving monthly revenue goals, number of sales calls made, leads developed, number of new businesses developed and closing percentage.
WHAT YOU WILL BE DOING:
- Working independently, making sound business decisions related to achieving revenue goals while communicating with your manager each day to discuss strategy and other key issues.
- Strategic prospecting for new accounts, conducting needs assessments to determine customer needs, idea and proposal generation, presentation of recommendations, closing the sale and setting client expectations.
- Consistent development and management of a sales pipeline through CRM. Providing reliable forecasts and revenue projections. Meet all required performance metrics detailed by management and perform at or above the assigned sales quota.
- Analyze clients’ advertising campaign objectives in order to prepare creative solutions by utilizing all appropriate products and services that fit the clients’ budget and campaign goals.
- Own the entire sales and retention cycle for each campaign working in conjunction with the assigned account analyst, client services, and the ad operations team
- At the close of sale, you will be required to complete all paperwork, including detailed insertion order instructions, which requires Account Executives to have a strong command of their product and basic internet techniques
- It will be necessary to meet with individual clients monthly, annually or quarterly to review campaign process, budgets and create new strategies.
- Possess a complete understanding of product features and benefits, rates, and packages and how to explain them to match recommendations to customer needs. Utilize training resources to become proficient in all digital advertising solutions and processes.
- Monitor other media to identify opportunities to increase market share and attend local or category business events for networking opportunities.
- Meet deadlines, complete accurate advertising orders, submit client contracts and complete sales reporting in a timely manner.
- Prepare and develop your own sales presentations utilizing company resources by gathering appropriate statistics concerning market share, demographics, market volume and channel effectiveness.
- BS or BA with 3+ years of applicable sales experience or a minimum of 4 years of relevant selling experience
- 3+ Years of SEM Sales with proficiency in the concepts and methodology of SEM campaign execution and can develop and articulate strategies around a custom campaign. OR
- 3+ Years of RTB sales with proficiency in the concepts and methodology of RTB/Programmatic campaign execution and can develop and articulate strategies around a custom campaign.
- Existing book of business and contacts/relationships within a defined territory or category. Must be able to secure 6 prospective appointments within the first 60 days.
- History of hitting or exceeding an annual quota of $500K or more
- Proficient in Outlook, Excel, Word and PowerPoint
- AdWords Certification and Google Analytics Certification (Beyond 101) is a plus. Both certifications are required to be completed during the first month of onboarding.
- Strong negotiation and accurate forecasting skills
- Experience in consultative sales, cold calling, diagnosing client needs, presentations, objections, closing, time management, client retention and problem solving.
- Ability to work in a fast paced, deadline oriented environment
- Ability to provide analytical and data driven summaries around campaign performance across all marketing channels
- Ability to stay up-to-date with industry developments is essential for success in this role.
- Proven track record of success in online media sales, direct experience with selling ad serving, rich media, email, online media or technology.
- Be professional, outgoing and friendly with the ability to adapt sales techniques and presentations to fit the client.
- Proficient at setting personal goals and achieving them
- Contribute to a positive, constructive and can-do atmosphere to make the department and company more effective.
EXTRA AWESOME STUFF WE WOULD LIKE TO SEE:
You are motivated and driven, you like taking on challenges, finding creative solutions, helping people, helping yourself, you have a sense of humor, you like to have fun – and you think on your feet!
Sound like you? Apply. Not at all you? Perhaps you know someone. Shoot them this link. Thanks!
Southern California News Group and AdTaxi are equal opportunity employers who support a diverse workforce. We offer competitive wages and benefits packages that include medical, dental, vision, 401(K) plan and more.
You can learn more about us by visiting: